We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Loches Trip

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Paris to Loches Trip

Hello!

We are planning on trying to get from Paris to Loches and I have been researching the trains etc, but as it is our first trip to the area it is a little confusing. Where do I catch the train from Paris? When I got on a website that listed tickets there were a few transfers with different carriers - how will I know where to transfer etc? Last, can you bring luggage on trains/buses on this route? I know some buses and trains in America don't allow luggage so I wanted to check! Thank you!

1 reply
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98 220 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Paris to Loches Trip

Use either en.oui.sncf/en or www.trainline.eu for information and bookings.

Trains to this part of France leave from Gare Montparnasse in Paris, but you don't need to know this to use these web sites. Say you want to leave from Paris, and the web site will tell you which station.

The last part of this journey is a bus run by the train company, which leaves from Tours station. If you take a train from Paris to Tours, you have only the one change to make. However, many of the fast TGV services stop at St-Pierre-des-Corps, just outside Tours. You would then need to take the shuttle train from St-Pierre to Tours.

Again, the web sites linked will tell you where you have to change.

You can take luggage on all services.

Reply to: Paris to Loches Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Loches