We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bolton boozers....

Douglas, IOM
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Bolton boozers....

Hi,

A group of us are travelling to the Reebok Stadium to watch the match at the end of the month but none of us have ever been to Bolton before.

Can somebody please tell us some decent pubs to go to before the match for abit of a sing song and to enjoy the atmosphere. The closer to the ground the better.

Cheers

Isle of Man

bolton england
Level Contributor
227 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Bolton boozers....

hi, lots of away supporters so to the beehive pub i am told ,

5 min walk away , who are you supporting so i can send you to the relevent pub. angie x

Douglas, IOM
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Bolton boozers....

Hi Angie,

Thanks for the reply - I will be supporting Man Utd so I am really looking for the pub where all the away supporters go.

Thank you for all of your help.

Cheers

bolton england
Level Contributor
227 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Bolton boozers....

hi again , my brother supports bolton and says that the supporters of man u dont get along so be careful . angie x

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8 454 posts
88 reviews
4. Re: Bolton boozers....

I would echo Angie's reply Bolton supporters do not like Manchester United and I understand from what I have heard that they can be quite hostile towards their fans. If I were you I would have a look on one of the Manchester United fan web sites and possibly post this question on a forum there. You may then find out where other Man U fans are going for a drink before the match. I moved to Bolton 26 years ago and soon found that generally the local people expect you to fit in with them and not vice versa. Anyway what ever you decide I hope you have a good trip to Bolton and enjoy the match.

5. Re: Bolton boozers....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Bolton