We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants / Take Aways thread

Horwich, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
129 reviews
Restaurants / Take Aways thread

Use this thread to discuss your favourite and maybe even your least favourite restaurants, cafes, chippies, and take aways in Bolton!

Favourite Take Away: 'Nightbar' in Horwich

(Excellent quality food and portion sizes for the price!)

RUNNER UP:

'Pizza Perfect' in Westhoughton (they give you free drinks!)

'Steakhouse' in B&Q's Car Park in Bolton! (The best quality food yet, amazing burgers, but doesnt get my top spot due to location, sadly!)

Favourite Restaurant: 'Harvester' in Middlebrook

(Amazing food, I like the salad cart access, and the desserts are incredible, especially 'Rocky Horror')

Favourite Chippy: 'Mans Palace' in Westhougton.

(I've never had a chip barm better than at this place!)

RUNNERS UP:

'The Panda House' in Horwich (MASSIVE chip barms which I can never finish1)

'The Laughing Buddha' in Horwich (great quality chips, not the fat stodgy kind, and you get a huge bag for £1.10, big enough to make a mountain on a large dinner plate!)

Favourite Cafe: 'Brambles' in Horwich

(Generally good quality tasty food, filling too, and good staff!)

LEAST favourite Cafe: 'Cappaccino' in the Market Hall in Bolton Town Centre

(Uninterested staff, expensive drinks, and very cheap quality food, bad quality even, especially the burger which was horrendous).

bolton england
Level Contributor
227 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

have you tried chinese at the bottom of winter hey lane lovely and leos great meals

Horwich, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
129 reviews
2. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

'Leos' I havent seen, but which chinese do you mean? Do you know the name?

bolton england
Level Contributor
227 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

yip wok i think next to paper shop and taxi place

bolton england
Level Contributor
227 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

went with work lady i work with won a bit on lottery got drunk and the lady owner helped us get her in car she was pushing her in and trying to sit her in car not been bacl since was embrassed . lol . will go again x

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8 455 posts
88 reviews
5. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

T R Wolf you are to the Bolton Tourist Board what Herod was to babies. You recommend 'Steakhouse' in B&Q's Car Park in Bolton! (The best quality food yet, amazing burgers, but doesnt get my top spot due to location, sadly!). Do you really think that tourists are coming to Bolton to shop at B &Q and eat from a yukky take away van? Get real if that is the best Bolton has to offer no wonder this forum is so slow.

Horwich, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
129 reviews
6. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

And to add my new found WORST CHIPPY:

Zorba's on Lee Lane.

I just had the worst chip barm of my life from there! I love chips and chip barms, and would never leave chips, but I didnt even get through half! It was disgusting, the chips were so dry that some of them were snapping in half! Terrible!

bolton england
Level Contributor
227 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

TR Wolf , you have upset my daughter lol , she thinks zobra chips are the best, she said ' ot depends what time you go in and get the chips cause she goes in at dinner and there freshly cooked n nice!' :p but the best chipy in horwich has to be the fish n chip shop at the bottom of winter hay lane!!

Horwich, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
129 reviews
8. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

Do you mean the English one near the tattoo parlour and the bridal shop? Cos its never open when I go past it!

As for Zorbas, the chips should be good ALL the time if you're going to pay for them! When I got them, they were horrid, dry, and breaking in half with a "snap" sound! Ive never left a chip barm in my life!

bolton england
Level Contributor
227 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

yes thats the one , lovely chips!

Horwich, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
129 reviews
10. Re: Restaurants / Take Aways thread

Like I say, they werent lovely chips at all, they were all completely dry, they were SNAPPING in half, crunchy, and not especially hot. Even if "sometimes they are nice", I would never go there again based on this horrible experience, especially with the amount of other chip shops around.

...although I went to Panda House last night and theirs were a bit dry too... I wish Man's Palace was around here, I miss having them so nearby with their lovely chips!

Get answers to your questions about Bolton