We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fish and chips

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
73 reviews
fish and chips

i am trying to find the best chippie in bolton i have tried quite a few now and up to now the chinese on morris green lane across from the paper shop just has it ....do you no any????????????????

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8 453 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: fish and chips

Try the Village Chippy, Market Street, Little Lever. Only opens lunch time and early evening and usually very busy. Yummy fish & chips.

Manchester
Level Contributor
74 posts
2. Re: fish and chips

Paul's on Bury Road is good, great service too.

Horwich, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
129 reviews
3. Re: fish and chips

Man's Palace in Westhoughton

or

New Lee's in Horwich

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: fish and chips

It really depends on which area of Bolton you live, however the ultimate place for fish and chips is the Olympus fish and chip restaraunt in Bolton town centre. Great Moor Street/Newport Street.

This is a traditonal 'chippy' and it gets very busy during the day. Fish, chips and peas plus bread and butter and a pot of tea, about £6.

Phil

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8 453 posts
88 reviews
5. Re: fish and chips

A good post Tractorboy I have been asking Trip Advisor to include a dining section for European destinations but they say they can't. I have passed the Olympus on many occasions and seen how busy it is - all of those peopele can't be wrong!

England
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: fish and chips

It has to be Olympus Fish & Chips on Newport Street

Bolton
1 post
1 review
7. Re: fish and chips

The best chippie I have ever visited is on Chorley Old Road in Doffcocker. It's in a row of shops that also include a pretty good Chinese. This is an English style chippie, although I think the proprieter is Greek.

The shop is well run and sparkling clean. The food is all freshly cooked and there is a huge choice. But the most awe inspiring tray of grub you will ever have the joy of tasting is their pudding chips and gravy. Irresistible!

8. Re: fish and chips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Bolton