We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

COVID test from Edinburgh

N Ireland
Level Contributor
411 posts
91 reviews
114 helpful votes
COVID test from Edinburgh
Save

Does anyone know if I have to take a test travelling from Dublin to Edinburgh and again on return?

4 replies to this topic
Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
22 914 posts
24 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: COVID test from Edinburgh
Save

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/great-britain/

read this for official advice, the weird bit is why someone from NI would want to do it.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
14 591 posts
215 reviews
456 helpful votes
2. Re: COVID test from Edinburgh
Save

Quick answer - yes you need to have a negative PCR test to travel back to Ireland from Edinburgh.

Check the link Fuscia has given you below for entry requirements for Scotland from ROI.

Edited: 19 June 2021, 10:17
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
37 155 posts
81 reviews
68 helpful votes
3. Re: COVID test from Edinburgh
Save

with the new volatile delta strain accounting for 99% of new infections in the uk, it is no wonder that we would have restrictions on people coming from there. perhaps the op is hoping that by using the back door, they can escape the N ireland restrictions?

N Ireland
Level Contributor
411 posts
91 reviews
114 helpful votes
4. Re: COVID test from Edinburgh
Save

Due to Aer Lingus and Sobart issues I thought my flights from belfast would be cancelled and booked Ryanair from Dublin without remembering I am flying from an area with different restrictions. A stupid knee jerk reaction. Thanks everyone for your help. I am hoping I can arrange to keep the Aer Lingus flights (times have changed which presents a problem) and I can change the Ryanair to a later date when hopefully things will be better.

Reply to: COVID test from Edinburgh
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.