We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

most luxurious hotel

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1 449 posts
15 reviews
2 helpful votes
most luxurious hotel
Save

if we can get to dublin this summer what do you consider to be the most lux hotel.

How do your find the area of st helens and also powercourt as they have nice hotels as well. are these by the sea or in land

we normally stay in malenhide.

Thanks for any help.

10 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
37 279 posts
85 reviews
69 helpful votes
1. Re: most luxurious hotel
Save

a lot will depend on what you class as luxury. the grand hotel in malahide does fulfill many peoples wishes. but if you check the websites of hotels you will find a place that suits you. using a booking site is very handy as it will show the location and proximity of the hotels, to what you want to experience. powerscourt is indeed a nice place, but not beside the sea, even if it is fairly close to bray

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
14 614 posts
215 reviews
456 helpful votes
2. Re: most luxurious hotel
Save

See my reply to your other post re travel restrictions from the U.K.

With regards the hotels St Helens would be nearest the sea.

Powerscourt is on the grounds of Powerscourt House estate and gardens - a lovely setting. It’s also a walk form the lovely village of Enniskerry that is currently being disneyfied for a new Disney movie.

To get the most out of staying in Powerscourt you’d probably need a car so you could tour around Wicklow. The hotel itself is fab and definitely ticks the luxurious box.

Edited: 16 June 2021, 15:27
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
37 279 posts
85 reviews
69 helpful votes
3. Re: most luxurious hotel
Save

i was going to add that the chances of being able to visit here this summer are very slim.

Province of...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
31 239 posts
284 reviews
206 helpful votes
4. Re: most luxurious hotel
Save

I personally loved the Grand Hotel Malahide Executive Room over looking the sea, attention to detail, delicious food and lovely walks on the grounds and along the sea

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1 449 posts
15 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: most luxurious hotel
Save

Thanks we have stayed at the Grand a number of time so fancied something different.

However malihide ticks a lot of boxes, great coast, great restaurants, excellent service , easy access to dublin. And im wonder if this location flying into Dublin can be beater, Powecourt former ritz is stunning so did fancy that as a treat - albeit an expensive one.

Dublin would be something like the shelbourne/merrion etc.

i just hope we may get there , but lets see.

i think i will book something and see how we get on.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
10 166 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: most luxurious hotel
Save

Malahide is the name but do try the Killiney Castle Hotel as you can have rooms with a Balcony with a decent view over the sea.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
33 555 posts
101 reviews
135 helpful votes
7. Re: most luxurious hotel
Save

The Royal Marine Hotel in Dun Laoghaire is lovely. And close to the Dart. Haddington House Hotel is also in Dun Laoghaire, with lovely views over the sea. Its quirky and very comfortable.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
14 614 posts
215 reviews
456 helpful votes
8. Re: most luxurious hotel
Save

Killiney Castle Hotel may not have the luxe trappings but has a genuine old world real Irish hospitality welcome - that’s a great shout wrappido!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
41 882 posts
9. Re: most luxurious hotel
Save

I always enjoy staying at the Westbury and Conrad. But Dublin doesn't really do luxury. Though, the Shelbourne is decent enough and the Merrion tries a lot.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
6 421 posts
370 reviews
186 helpful votes
10. Re: most luxurious hotel
Save

The Radisson St. Helens is a nice hotel. I visited it during the week. Lovely gardens. I have never stayed there though.

You could leave your car there and stroll across the road and hop on a bus to bring you in to the centre of Dublin. The same bus will drop you back outside the door.

It is located in the middle of suburbia but on the N11 road. There is a straight run from the hotel to Wicklow on this road.

If you take the road behind the hotel (the Rock Road) there is a DART station at Booterstown. About a 20 minute walk from the hotel. You can hop on the DART here to Dun Laoghaire, Dalkey, Killiney, Greystones and in the opposite direction Howth and Malahide.

Reply to: most luxurious hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.