We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin Ireland vacation help

1 post
Dublin Ireland vacation help
Save

Greetings, My wife & I are 70+ & one of her bucket lists is to see Ireland & your castles. I am hoping to surprise her the end of Aug into 1st week of Sept.. I plan to stay in Dublin due to being able to fly into there (Seems the easiest from USA). So, 1-ANY suggesstions on places to stay appreceiated. Would like to keep 7 nights lodging under $1000 U.S. 2-Is Dublin a place we could make trips to at least 2 castles within a couple hours and what about transportation? We really don't want to go through a travel agent as we just want to do at our own pace. We thought a couple Castles & then enjoy the foods, sights in & close to Dublin at our leisure. 7 nights total. Thanks for any suggestions in advance. Feel free to Email me a bhvid73@yahoo.com. John

7 replies to this topic
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
10 097 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Dublin Ireland vacation help
Save

First off please remove your email address from your post as it can lead to people hacking your account if people want to send you a message they can do it through the personal messaging on Trip Advisor.

Have a look at Clontarf Castle or Killiney Castle first for a place to stay both are excellant but you might want to up your budget look up Booking.com for both.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
41 493 posts
2. Re: Dublin Ireland vacation help
Save

This decent central hotel should come in on budget.

www.buswells.ie

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
934 posts
3 reviews
12 helpful votes
3. Re: Dublin Ireland vacation help
Save

Dalkey castle is worth a look

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
41 493 posts
4. Re: Dublin Ireland vacation help
Save

And in Dalkey, this decent pub just down from the train station might be nice for lunch.

www.finnegans.ie

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
6 715 posts
34 reviews
30 helpful votes
5. Re: Dublin Ireland vacation help
Save

It would be useful to define your expectations of a castle.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
14 487 posts
215 reviews
456 helpful votes
6. Re: Dublin Ireland vacation help
Save

Don’t book anything that can’t be changed - things will not be remotely back to any sort of normal by August.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
106 269 posts
440 reviews
362 helpful votes
7. Re: Dublin Ireland vacation help
Save

I don't think this is a good year for surprises, sorry John.

I think you would do better to plan for 2022, when I hope that everyone will be in a much better position regarding covid.

Reply to: Dublin Ireland vacation help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dublin
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.