We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dub to Belfast - trains

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
34 helpful votes
Dub to Belfast - trains
Save

Hi there,

Are trains running from Dub- Belfast and what checks are in place if any upon arrival?

Many thanks,

5 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
36 322 posts
81 reviews
67 helpful votes
1. Re: Dub to Belfast - trains
Save

as belfast is more than 5 kms from dublin, you cannot travel unless you have an essential reason for travel. ditto on the return. you can be checked anywhere .

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
34 helpful votes
2. Re: Dub to Belfast - trains
Save

I am aware of that thanks, and in fairness would have little reason to travel to Belfast unless essential as everything closed etc,

So in answer to my question - there are police checks on the train line?

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
22 492 posts
23 reviews
17 helpful votes
3. Re: Dub to Belfast - trains
Save

I would expect Garda checks, but if, as you say, it is essential (medical appointment perhaps) and you have a confirmation letter on you you will be able to explain yourself,

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
34 helpful votes
4. Re: Dub to Belfast - trains
Save

Many thanks for your response- you don't use the line regularly so are assuming - thanks again for the input.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
49 930 posts
749 reviews
236 helpful votes
5. Re: Dub to Belfast - trains
Save

"as belfast is more than 5 kms from dublin, you cannot travel unless you have an essential reason for travel."

So the train nor aircoach is running unless it is a valid reason? Basically no tourism at all.

Reply to: Dub to Belfast - trains
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Belfast
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.