We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The London Toolkit (Independent Travellers Guide to London)

Level Contributor
13 posts
23 reviews
17 helpful votes
The London Toolkit (Independent Travellers Guide to London)
Save

January 25, 2016

I'm considering using this The London Toolkit website to schedule a bus tour entitled "AMSTERDAM 3 Day Weekend Tours From London". I'm looking for negative and positive feedback about this company a/k/a GTI Travel Group Ltd, International Friends (of Cambridge). Is this a reliable bus tour company?? Please give me any feedback regarding other good/bad bus tour companies handling bus tours of Amsterdam from London pick-up points. I'll be in London for the month of May 2016 (May 28, 2016 is listed on the London Toolkit website for the Amsterdam bus tour). I would appreciate any information regarding bus tours to/from Amsterdam. Thanks so much.

Can someone recommend another company for this kind of excursion out of London?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
27 806 posts
72 reviews
124 helpful votes
1. Re: The London Toolkit (Independent Travellers Guide to London)
Save

Just fly from one of the London airports to Amsterdam, or get the Eurostar train to Brussels and change there for a train to Amsterdam.

You can even get the ferry!

No need to use a tour company.

Have a read of this: http://www.seat61.com/Netherlands.htm

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
2 661 posts
27 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: The London Toolkit (Independent Travellers Guide to London)
Save

You can get a flight from £66.

You can get the Eurostar; prices available from 12 weeks beforehand.

Just have a long weekend in Amsterdam.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
2 661 posts
27 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: The London Toolkit (Independent Travellers Guide to London)
Save

You can get the Eurolines coach from £38.

You can get the overnight sail/rail from £98.

Level Contributor
13 posts
23 reviews
17 helpful votes
4. Re: The London Toolkit (Independent Travellers Guide to London)
Save

Thanks for your input - i'll research your suggestion.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
37 406 posts
7 reviews
16 helpful votes
5. Re: The London Toolkit (Independent Travellers Guide to London)
Save

London Toolkit is imo a very reputable site that offers a lot of very good information. But the site owner sustains his site by posting links and ads for which he gets paid (btw so does Seat61) and there's nothing wrong with that. I trust both of the authors (Toolkit and Seat61) to provide links to only reputable third parties/booking sites but you can easily in most cases book these trips DIY (especially for travel between London and Europe).

Edited: 5 years ago
Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
9 235 posts
65 reviews
209 helpful votes
6. Re: The London Toolkit (Independent Travellers Guide to London)
Save

And International Friends is a reputable company. Smaller than the big companies, but all the better for it. Declaration: I do know one of the guides, but I also know he is amazingly good at his job.

7. Re: The London Toolkit (Independent Travellers Guide to London)

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2017, 07:17
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.