We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels similar to 'The Pig' Brockenhurst?

TKR
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
95 reviews
204 helpful votes
Hotels similar to 'The Pig' Brockenhurst?
Save

We were initially looking to stay a few nights at the The Pig in Brockenhurst but it isi fully booked for when we want to go. Can anyone recommend similar hotels in the New Forest area? The appealing aspects we liked the look of are the country house setting, emphasis on good food and a relaxed atmosphere (not too stuffy or formal).

4 replies to this topic
Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
13 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Hotels similar to 'The Pig' Brockenhurst?
Save

We stayed at the Cottage Lodge Hotel in the village. Lovely place and a nice breakfast.

Essex
Level Contributor
35 394 posts
62 reviews
198 helpful votes
2. Re: Hotels similar to 'The Pig' Brockenhurst?
Save

This is TA's "Top Ten" for Brockenhurst, if that helps:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g190805-Brockenhurst_New_Forest_National_Park_Hampshire_Hampshire_England-Hotels.html

I'm a fan of Carey's Manor, though will admit it's a very long time (maybe 20yr) since I have been there.....

Romsey, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
203 reviews
113 helpful votes
3. Re: Hotels similar to 'The Pig' Brockenhurst?
Save

Limewood just outside Lyndhurst is superb, beautiful setting right on the forest. I believe there is a forest walk from there to The Pig, though I haven't walked it myself. Wonderful food in the restaurant.

Dorset, United...
Destination Expert
for Dorset
Level Contributor
2 876 posts
18 reviews
59 helpful votes
4. Re: Hotels similar to 'The Pig' Brockenhurst?
Save

Just FYI, I'm getting special offers at Carey's and Balmer Lawn for early spring on Late Escapes atm.

Reply to: Hotels similar to 'The Pig' Brockenhurst?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about New Forest
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.