We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two blank pages facing each other in passport for UK visa?

Nairobi
Level Contributor
19 posts
44 reviews
27 helpful votes
Two blank pages facing each other in passport for UK visa?
Save

I have applied for a UK visa, in Kenya. And at the visa centre I had an argument with the the officer collecting my documents. She insisted that I needed two blank pages facing each other to get a visa. But I told her that I specifically checked the internet and the only info I got was that I need a blank page for my visa and another blank page for the entry/exit stamp at immigrations. Can anyone clarify her claims? And why is there no info on the uk visa website about this? Note that I have 4 blank pages left in my passport. (not facing each other) And as far as I know, the visa processing shall be done in the UK and results sent back to Kenya.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Nairobi
Level Contributor
19 posts
44 reviews
27 helpful votes
11. Re: Two blank pages facing each other in passport for UK visa?
Save

That's great. I'm glad you got it. Visa issues can be so stressful

1 post
12. Re: Two blank pages facing each other in passport for UK visa?
Save

Hi,

I have a similar situation on Indian passport. None of my pages to the right are blank. I have three pages on the left which are blank with stamp of immigration on it's right. Will this be a problem for visa stamping on a left page of Indian passport? I see all the visa stampings are on right.

Nairobi
Level Contributor
19 posts
44 reviews
27 helpful votes
13. Re: Two blank pages facing each other in passport for UK visa?
Save

That's such great news. Yes I believe you are right. It is upto the consular officer to decide if the stamp will be sufficient on one blank side.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
61 reviews
52 helpful votes
14. Re: Two blank pages facing each other in passport for UK visa?
Save

Hi Anup... I am about to apply for the UK visa and have a similar issue to yours - no page which is blank on both sides. Just wanted to check with you - did you finally manage to get your visa?

Cuttack, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
187 reviews
228 helpful votes
15. Re: Two blank pages facing each other in passport for UK visa?
Save

Did you finally got the Visa. I have applied today with same issue. Let's see and try luck.

1 post
16. Re: Two blank pages facing each other in passport for UK visa?
Save

Hi

Did you get the visa

My father applied today at New Delhi and he had similar issues

Please reply

Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
18 helpful votes
17. Re: Two blank pages facing each other in passport for UK visa?
Save

so what happened did they issue you on the single page I have the same problem

Cobham, United...
Level Contributor
3 742 posts
33 reviews
23 helpful votes
18. Re: Two blank pages facing each other in passport for UK visa?
Save

The UK requirement as expressed by the Home Office is that you “need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa”. Not two blank pages that face one another, as is sometimes incorrectly said.

“Blank” is defined as free from previous stamps, clean and with no signs of ink staining.

However, the purpose of that requirement is so that the visa vignette, and particularly the hologram portion is not in any way compromised with respect to legibility. If you have only one remaining page in your passport which is almost blank on both sides, it’s at the discretion of the issuing centre whether a visa can be affixed in a satisfactory manner. They’ll usually do their best and – as one poster commented – you may be asked to sign a waiver form indicating that you are aware it may not be possible.

For that reason, every case will be different and just because someone else successfully obtained a visa without fulfilling the ‘blank pages’ requirement, it does NOT mean that you will be equally successful. It depends not just on how ‘blank’ the pages are, but also the areas of the page that have been previously inked, how heavily, whether the ink has bled through the page and the discretion of the official on the day.

1 post
19. Re: Two blank pages facing each other in passport for UK visa?
Save

This subject here gave me some hope. I had four pages but none was back to back blank. They were just in pairs facing each other with stamps and visas on their back sides. I gave it a shot and I got my visa so fear not!

Edited: 5 years ago
Harare, Zimbabwe
1 post
1 review
20. Re: Two blank pages facing each other in passport for UK visa?
Save

Thank you Mutunga, i'm in the same dilemma and anxiously waiting for my passport to be returned. I'm so scared

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.