We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August Holiday Advice

Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
August Holiday Advice

Hello,

We are a group of 5 friends and have just booked our first holiday to Lake Garda and will be staying near Garda town in an area that I think is called Via della Pace.

I would really like a little advice on how to prepare for the trip, as we are going in the peak peak season, I worry everything will be booked up and am wondering if it would be recommended to do some research and book restaurants and activities in advance?

Are there any highly recommended restaurants in that area as well as bicycle hire and walking cycling routes?

Also it would be fantastic if someone could recommend a reliable taxi service company that we could book travel to and from Verona airport?

Thanks a million!

3 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
9 070 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: August Holiday Advice

Hi, which hotel will you be going to? Via Della Pace is the name of the street where your accommodation is located. It's a bit of a walk from the town centre and will feel like a long way in the August heat so make sure your hotel has some kind of shuttle service.

I don't think you will need to book restaurants ahead of travel but you can have a wander round and book a restaurant each day for that evening's meal. Choosing restaurants is such a personal thing that I am always reluctant to make suggestions. That said, one place which is a bit different is Trattoria Al Graspo. There is no menu - the chef prepares what is fresh that day. This is one place that does need to be booked:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Rev…

Which activities are you interested in? There are a couple of bike hire places in Garda, and there is a cycle/pedestrian path along the lakeside from Garda to Bardolino then on through Cisano and Lazise to Peschiera.

You could ask your hotel for the name of a taxi company or ask if they themselves offer a transfer service. Or simply take a taxi from the airport on arrival.

In August there will be a bus service from the airport direct to Garda town.

We will post the summer timetables for buses and ferries on the forum as soon as we have them.

Edited: 29 April 2018, 23:27
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: August Holiday Advice

Thank you so much for your very prompt and extremely helpful reply! We are staying in accommodation found through air bnb so unfortunately we won't have the advantage of advice through a hotel.

This answers a lot of questions re restaurants and bike hire and I will surely take your recommendation, thank you!

We are interested in vineyard tours, cookery courses, boat trips and kayaking - all of which their seem to be an abundance but if you have any particular recommendations, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
9 070 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: August Holiday Advice

Hi, the summer ferry timetables are now available:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g185…

Garda is a good location for travelling to other lake towns by ferry.

I haven't done a cookery course here but this is near Torri del Benaco:

www.legemmediartemisia.it/en/cooking-classes

Reply to: August Holiday Advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda