We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on west end beaches and snorkeling

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
22 reviews
10 helpful votes
Info on west end beaches and snorkeling
Save

We have been on the island for one month, since feb 12, staying in Westpunt. The best beaches are snorkelng are here. So drive up with your car rental. If you want a nice full service beach, try Cas Abao $5 for car and $5 if you want to rent a beach chair. Restaurant, dive shop, restrooms and massage on the beach. Rent sup or kayak also. Dirt road down is pretty rough, but worth it. Also free beaches further west thaypt are free. Playa lagun good for mostly tranquil snorkeling, little Knip, sit and snorkel, playa Abao (Abou) also know as Grote Knip nice for a beach day. Playa Grandi in village of Westpunt great for snorkeling with the turtles and Playi Kalki,small sitting beach, also snorkel. Nosy beach have lots of coral rubble at entry so beach shoes are a must

Allentown...
5 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Info on west end beaches and snorkeling
Save

Hi Fireball. We'll be staying at Playa Lagun from the 19th til 26th. Any recommendations on restaurants between Lagun and Westpunt?

New York City, New...
4 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Info on west end beaches and snorkeling
Save

We didn't eat here, but a local told us that the restaurant on the cliff at Playa Forti has some of the best local food. I'm not sure what it's called, but you can't miss it if you go there! Good luck!

Maine
Level Contributor
377 posts
6 reviews
25 helpful votes
3. Re: Info on west end beaches and snorkeling
Save

I just posted regarding the cliff at Playa Forti and mentioned the restaurant where the jumpers jump from. So, to avoid confusion regarding a quality restaurant at Playa Forti, I believe the good one the local told Sophie about is Blue View Sunset Terrace, and NOT the Restaurant Play Forti. See TA restaurant reviews to confirm, but I think it is night and day.

Allentown...
5 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Info on west end beaches and snorkeling
Save

Thanks MT1, I already have the Blue View Terrace on my to-do list!! Was hoping for a few more special spots to eat at as well.

Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1 741 posts
108 reviews
82 helpful votes
5. Re: Info on west end beaches and snorkeling
Save

Try Sol Food and Landhuis Misje...both excellent.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2 352 posts
151 reviews
133 helpful votes
6. Re: Info on west end beaches and snorkeling
Save

Yes, Sol Food! But they are only open fri-sunday

Allentown...
5 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Info on west end beaches and snorkeling
Save

Great Thanks!!

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
22 reviews
10 helpful votes
8. Re: Info on west end beaches and snorkeling
Save

Sol food on the way to go west diving and playa kalki. Open FSaSu 12-9. Best to make reservations. They have a website. My fav Trio Penotti, great food and portions and service. Reservations needed, you can email them. Ranchero beside Marazul (where we are staying) is just ok and small portions. The Blue restaurant overlooking Playa Forti has a great view, had burgers for lunch there, just ok!

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
22 reviews
10 helpful votes
9. Re: Info on west end beaches and snorkeling
Save

Some others went to the Blue terrace for dinner and they liked it. Several went to the grill at Playa Lagun for the mix grill nite and were not impressed. But they had ribs one night and liked them. I really have not had a bad meal since I was here, other than my in house crock pot creations, lol!

Cape May Court...
Level Contributor
380 posts
39 reviews
27 helpful votes
10. Re: Info on west end beaches and snorkeling
Save

We go to Lagun yearly and believe some of the greatest restaurants are out west. Always make a reservation. Go to Sol and reserve a table next to the railing to watch the sunset. 3 other MUST restaurants for dinner are Landhuis Santa Martha, Trio Penoti, and Landhuis Misje. All are with in 15 minutes from Lagun. Check all of them out on TA restaurant section. ENJOY!!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Sabana Westpunt
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.