We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Cape Town by next week

Beau Bassin - Rose...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Visiting Cape Town by next week

Good Day

I will be visiting CApe Town next week & will be there for 5days and would be grateful if someone could advise me regarding below :

As we will be arriving late night, can you please suggest a Taxi Service from airport to vicinity of Gardens. Have heard about Centurion / EXcite Taxis...are they ok?

Just read about the CERES train going to Simmonds Town, is that worth ?

Also looking for the routes for the Red/Blue busses but cannot find the route on their website!

Thank you all for your help

10 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
6 500 posts
15 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Visiting Cape Town by next week

For HoHo bus routes clock on the PDF link here: https://citysightseeing.co.za/en/cape-town/map-cape-town

The Ceres rail co have regularly run trips to Elgin railway market. It does look like there is a trip to Simon's Town this weekend but nothing more, so perhaps that's a one-off charter or they may be considering a regular route next summer. There is a public Metrorail service towards Simon's Town though it's had issues since covid.

Beau Bassin - Rose...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Visiting Cape Town by next week

thank you.

anyone can help regarding transfer from/to airport. Are Centurion / excite taxis ok?

just checked the Ceres rail co. there is one trip scheduled on 19May & won't be in CPT yet.

thanks

Europe
Level Contributor
6 228 posts
109 reviews
42 helpful votes
3. Re: Visiting Cape Town by next week

For the airport transfer I would ask to your accommodation.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
16 471 posts
312 reviews
873 helpful votes
4. Re: Visiting Cape Town by next week

"For the airport transfer I would ask to your accommodation."

+1 for coordinate with your accommodations.

Beau Bassin - Rose...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Visiting Cape Town by next week

will be in a RbnB

Beau Bassin - Rose...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: Visiting Cape Town by next week

how about the weather actually & the coming 2 weeks?

It is freezing cold? Should I bring warm clothes or shorts...?

thanks for your prompt reply

Europe
Level Contributor
6 228 posts
109 reviews
42 helpful votes
7. Re: Visiting Cape Town by next week

Usually the hosts of AirBnB can arrange transfer.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
9 217 posts
580 reviews
300 helpful votes
8. Re: Visiting Cape Town by next week

I have used Excite before in Cape Town and they were decent

For weather, it’s the end of autumn, so probably changeable. Layers and a waterproof, probably chilly at night. I see today it was 19 degs sunny/cloudy and tomorrow the forecast is 21 degs but it rained a few days ago

Beau Bassin - Rose...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: Visiting Cape Town by next week

just wanted to say that it's been almost 3 weeks since we came from our visit to Cape Town & really enjoyed ourstay.

for info, there is a walking free walking tour in the city + Bo-Kaap also. The guide was really great & was very attentive to each of the question that we asked him.

We also took the RED Bus & chose the BLEU route. We 1st stopped at the Kirstenbosch Garden & hear again we chose for a free guided tour and the lady, Mrs Andre, if i'm not mistaken, was great. She also spoke French and now & then, we conversed in French. Thanks to you all for your guidance.

Next time we came, we will spend some time in Stellenbosch. For info, we bought a Myciti Bus card that we refilled. Really safe to travel on the Myciti bus.

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
5 helpful votes
10. Re: Visiting Cape Town by next week

Takunda is a great driver! My family has been using him all week. WhatsApp +27 82 214 8386

Reply to: Visiting Cape Town by next week
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.