We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
23 reviews
20 helpful votes
Airport transfers
Save

Hi Travellers,

Looking for advice information on travel to Krabi from Phuket most likely be fling into or from Phuket has anyone advice on travel to and from Krabi from Phuket?

Our bigger plan was spend time Bangkok Hua Hin and Finnish in Krabi of course this itinerary could be done in reverse,

If any one has also travelled from Hua his to Krabi?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

10 replies to this topic
Loughborough...
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
15 208 posts
59 reviews
115 helpful votes
1. Re: Airport transfers
Save

Krabi/Phuket or viceversa is an approximate 3 hour taxi or mini bus or bus ride depending on exactly from where to where. It can take best part of an hour just to travel the length of Phuket island subject to traffic.

Hua Hin to Krabi can be done by any combination of taxi/bus/mini bus/train but a much longer journey maybe 7 or 8 hours. If you don’t want a long road journey then from HH back to Bangkok then fly to Krabi from either BKK or DMK.

Tourists do these sorts of trips as a matter of course (pre Covid19).....domestic travel in Thailand is cheap and easy.

Edited: 22 January 2021, 18:51
Level Contributor
4 676 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Airport transfers
Save

I'm a big fan of self driving, and both, Bkk to HH, and between Phuket to Krabi, either are easy drives. The latter has some spectacular landscape.

If not wanting to drive, plenty of limo van services available or private transport / driver & vehicle of your choice & budget Same goes for HH to Krabi, though highly recommend self drive. Done it numerous times, and a great drive.

Bkk to HH has bus or train option. Phuket - Krabi, bus option. All simple enough to arrange on arrival or before. Plenty of touts available.

Edited: 22 January 2021, 18:54
Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 285 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Airport transfers
Save

It very much depends on when you want to travel. Due to covid many bus services are suspended. The Krabi Airport to Aonang bus service is no longer running. Other services decreased frequencies. There are bus services from Hua Hin to Krabi.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4 814 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Airport transfers
Save

Why not fly to Krabi instead of Phuket?

The problem at Phuket is that that the taxi mafia operate there and although buses to Krabi pass near the airport I would not recommend a novice trying to catch it so you would need to go to the bus station

From Hua Hin my preference would be the train to Surat Thani where there are simple bus connections to Krabi. I am not sure how easy it is at Hua Hin to pick up a Krabi bound bus you would have to ask a specific question but from what I remember this may not be something for the novice

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 285 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Airport transfers
Save

I am not sure how easy it is at Hua Hin to pick up a Krabi bound bus

Bother cities have a bus terminal

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
23 reviews
20 helpful votes
6. Re: Airport transfers
Save

Thanks for the replies everyone few things to consider between train & self drive most likely,

Our bigger plan is making the trip December 2021 providing COVID restrictions have been lifted , Our thoughts were Flying international into Phuket traveling to up through these resorts then leaving from Bangkok or vice versa. .

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
59 reviews
33 helpful votes
7. Re: Airport transfers
Save

6, Sounds a good plan. Driving is easy as long as you're happy to let madness happen around you.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4 814 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
8. Re: Airport transfers
Save

@ klongmuang yes both cities have a bus terminal but what I was not sure of is whether the krabi bound buses call in at the bus terminal at Hua Hin or bypass the city. Assuming they do as they will have come from Bangkok may need advance booking

If OP is heading from Krabi to Hua Hin rather than the other direction then bus regardless of where it stops would have been easier as driver will always drop you at the right place to get into HuaHin if it was passing and not calling in at the bus terminal

If heading north from Krabi make sure you book the train and note that many of the trains arrive very early in the morning (in theory ) so check the times carefully

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 285 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: Airport transfers
Save

Before covid there where bus services between Hua Hin and Krabi. I don't know now. The Bangkok to Krabi buses don't make any intermediate stops at any other terminal in between. Again, this was before covid.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4 814 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
10. Re: Airport transfers
Save

I get some of the buses between Bangkok and Krabi calling in at Hua Hin but, and I am not doubting you, I find it odd there being a point to point service between Krabi and Hua Hin..

I have never used the bus station in Hua Hin having always come or gone by train

Reply to: Airport transfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.