We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel?

Level Contributor
33 posts
31 reviews
26 helpful votes
Which hotel?
Save

Apasari, Cha Da Thai Village or Krabi La Playa resort. Just don’t know which to choose. My first time in Thailand and would be grateful for any help. Thank you

9 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
32 398 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Which hotel?
Save

When is your planned visit? You do realize that the country is not allowing visitors at this time..right?

South Devon, United...
Level Contributor
676 posts
14 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: Which hotel?
Save

As per the above reply - I wouldn't even bother getting your hopes up and wasting time looking at Thailand for at least another year.

And there's a good chance that some or all of the resorts you mention will not be in business when the gates are eventually opened.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 285 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Which hotel?
Save

All 3 hotels are open and offer bargain prices for less than B1000/night. Cha-Da has a beautiful view. But Ao Nang is very quiet, only some restaurants open and others will never open again. On weekends Ao Nang is busy with Thai tourists.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
4 824 posts
54 reviews
49 helpful votes
4. Re: Which hotel?
Save

I wouldn't plan anything yet, at least for the next 6 months or so. Stay tuned to the latest announcements by the Thai government about entry restrictions, ie; testing, !nsurance and quarantine. It would be helpful if you mention the date of your planned visit and country of departure.

Edited: 08 October 2020, 10:27
Florida - Alaska...
Level Contributor
12 995 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Which hotel?
Save

Personally I would go for either Apasari or Krabi La Playa because of location. They are a short stroll from Nopparat Thara area, which I like because it is a bit quieter than the main Ao Nang area.

Level Contributor
4 676 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Which hotel?
Save

Here now, and relaxing at Ibis Styles. Less than 1000 w/brekkie. No buffet, as the usual, but ordrer off menu till stiffed if wanting. Actually better in a way, as the omelet, eggs or Asian offerings are hot, since cooked fresh. The rest, sides; bev, bread (carbs), salad, fruit, cereal are self serve, just not hot offerings (warm if lucky if buffet style) items out. Brekkie 100 pp if pre ordered.

We always order 1st reservation, then judge from there if extending stay, and including with next reservation. Ok value, though I'd skip it, wife wants it, as taking pharmacy w/food now, and too lazy to search for morning munch. As stated, very quiet. 1 other person in pool yesterday, foreigner on work permit, stuck here as can't return to OZ, and husband stuck there, as can't leave....LOL Chit chatted with her, very pleasant afternoon.

Ibis, lovely view of karst in back (poolside) of hotel, and placed in rooms facing. Vey nice.

Edited: 21 October 2020, 05:35
Bang Tao Beach...
1 post
1 review
7. Re: Which hotel?
Save

Just how much of Aonang is open at this time. Thinking of driving down for a week Nov any advice much appreciated.

Level Contributor
4 676 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
8. Re: Which hotel?
Save

Not much during the week, when we were there, unless a big fan of Indian / Halal, as plenty of them, and a bit overpriced. IMO

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 285 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: Which hotel?
Save

Most restaurants run by foreigners are open, i.e. steakhouses, Italian, German, Indian and some offer up to 25% discount.

Reply to: Which hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.