We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coronavirus status in Ao Nang/Krabi (end of June 2020)?

Portland, Oregon
5 posts
1 review
Coronavirus status in Ao Nang/Krabi (end of June 2020)?
Save

Hi everyone,

I have been on Koh Tao for about 3 months now and I'm getting a little restless to see somewhere else. Since all of the neighboring countries borders' remain closed, I need to stay in Thailand and was thinking of heading to Krabi/Ao Nang. Are there hostels and restaurants that are open? are taxi boats to the phi phi islands running? Are other activities open again? Im just trying to get a sense of how feasible it would be to travel somewhere new considering i already have Koh Tao figured out during this time :)

Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
4 676 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Coronavirus status in Ao Nang/Krabi (end of June 2020)?
Save

Was in Krabi (not Ao Nang) yesterday, and yes, open. Not all, but plenty of hotels and food venues open. We had a few choice for hotels, and always a challenge, anytime, since we travel with a dog. No probs.

Portland, Oregon
5 posts
1 review
2. Re: Coronavirus status in Ao Nang/Krabi (end of June 2020)?
Save

Great, thank you so much!! I really appreciate it!

Reply to: Coronavirus status in Ao Nang/Krabi (end of June 2020)?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.