We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ao Nang to Phi Phi - how many days?

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Ao Nang to Phi Phi - how many days?
Save

Hi All

We’re going to stay in Ao Nang or Railay in Feb and thought we may spend some time on Phi Phi as people recommend it. Question is - is Phi Phi a day trip type place or would you recommend a few nights there?

Also is there much difference in staying in Ao Nang vs Railey as they’re fairly close together?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
17 562 posts
196 reviews
137 helpful votes
1. Re: Ao Nang to Phi Phi - how many days?
Save

Most people recommend spending a couple of nights on Phi Phi at least ( I normally stay 3-4 nights and have been there 10 times since Jan 2011, (but only once since Jan 2017)., but it all depends on what you actually want to do & see there of course

Many previous threads on how long to visit Phi Phi for on here

Railey can be seen in a morning/afternoon or a day at the most in my opinion, I wouldn't stay overnight, but up to you

Likewise Ao Nang, I've stopped over there twice for a couple of nights before moving on.

How many days you spend somewhere purely depends on what you actually want to do & see there, no matter what our personal thoughts & likes are of course

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Ao Nang to Phi Phi - how many days?
Save

Thanks for the reply. Yes I know it’s personal taste but you can always get a flavour for trip length. We’re going to stay in Krabi so Ao Nang looked like a good place as it’s got plenty of restaurants etc. We don’t need late partying but like good bars etc - also enjoy hiking and snorkelling so Phi Phi looked good for that. Where have you stayed in Phi Phi? Is Laem Thong beach any good?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
17 562 posts
196 reviews
137 helpful votes
3. Re: Ao Nang to Phi Phi - how many days?
Save

I have always stayed in Tonsai, which is where about 85% of people stay and where virtually all the shops, bars & restaurants are.

Laem Tong beach is at the north end of the island, (about 2hr walk or so from Tonsai) very isolated and quiet with just a few expensive hotels, but a beautiful beach & views. Probably the best beach I've been to in Thailand

4. Re: Ao Nang to Phi Phi - how many days?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2021, 06:41
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.