We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connection times PLS to GDT and back

Kim
Murray, Utah
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Connection times PLS to GDT and back
Save

I'm trying to plan my flights to and from GDT from PLS.

Arriving PLS on January 5th at 1245 (Sunday)

Departing PLS on January 13th at 1450 (250 PM, Monday)

If I use Fast Track or the VIP service both ways, which I intend to do, how much connection time will I need between the flights? It looks like I could take a departing flight on the 5th to GDT at 220 or 230, depending on which airway I use. I don't want to take the later flight if I can get away with it.

On the way home it looks like we could get to the airport at 1130 am or 145.

Any advice? The Fast track makes it sound like i could make the tighter connections, but I don't want to get stuck or miss a flight.

Thanks,

Kim

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
18 744 posts
34 reviews
82 helpful votes
1. Re: Connection times PLS to GDT and back
Save

I would not have less connection—if you have checked bags you have to wait for that anyway

Jan 5th will be a busy day departing, it’s the weekend after NYE, and you still get bags, go through customs, and provided you land on time.

I’d keep it as it is. 13th Monday you’re fine to check in, flights will be lighter. But still have 2 hours. Sometimes gates close if running late

Edited: 2 years ago
Grand Turk
Level Contributor
6 569 posts
5 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: Connection times PLS to GDT and back
Save

As long as your arrival flight doesn't have any major delay, the 2:20 or 2:30 pm connection will work out great! You'll probably have time for a rum punch at Gilley's! I wouldn't worry about clearing security for a local flight.....it only takes seconds!

Returning to Provo, I would take the flight that lands at 11:30 am.......just in case. When on Provo, I'd print your boarding pass, check in if possible and then take a short taxi ride to Omar's Beach Hut for an early lunch!

Kim
Murray, Utah
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
3. Re: Connection times PLS to GDT and back
Save

Thanks Maca! That sounds perfect, and pretty much the timing I was thinking.

Grand Turk
Level Contributor
6 569 posts
5 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Connection times PLS to GDT and back
Save

Kim....enjoy your stay on GT. Glad I could help!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
4 136 posts
59 reviews
36 helpful votes
5. Re: Connection times PLS to GDT and back
Save

maca.. you ROCK !

6. Re: Connection times PLS to GDT and back

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2020, 06:41
Get answers to your questions about Grand Turk
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.