We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piracy in the Caribbean on the rise

Boston...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Piracy in the Caribbean on the rise

https:/…

The buccaneers also attacked anchorages in Venezuela, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Colombia and St. Lucia."

Edited: 24 May 2018, 15:40
6 replies to this topic
Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Piracy in the Caribbean on the rise

Not much SVG information in this article.

UK
Level Contributor
657 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Piracy in the Caribbean on the rise

Without dismissing this story, suspect the piracy threatening us all the most is happening in cyberspace rather than on the high seas

Boston
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Piracy in the Caribbean on the rise

A Boston guy relaying on the NY Post for information? Really?

For accurate first hand information try the Caribbean Safety and Security Net. safetyandsecurityney.org.

Boston...
Level Contributor
37 posts
4. Re: Piracy in the Caribbean on the rise

oh, I'm sorry, Boston guy #2...being from Boston, my sourcing a NY news site is somehow an issue? what if I sourced another site not associated with NY? That would be more legit of a story? ok, maybe the BBC is legit enough? CSSN is mentioned...

www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-37274708

Bequia, St Vincent...
Level Contributor
112 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Piracy in the Caribbean on the rise

... or as one article points out :

Chris Doyle, an administrator of the "Grenada Cruisers Information" Facebook group, believes while the wealth of online forums has boosted communication resources, it has "increased paranoia" too.

"Now everyone can print their bad news," he rues. "I have an alarm that wakes me up if something happens. In the 3,000 nights since I installed it, it's never once gone off."

Boston...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6. Re: Piracy in the Caribbean on the rise

my intent on posting the story was to share some info regarding the reported rise in piracy throughout parts of the Caribbean. I felt some readers might gain some knowledge, or at the very least, be made aware of the existance of the problem. Whether anyone wants to take note of it, or question it's validity or impact, is up to them. In other words, I was just "putting it out there." If someone chooses not to read it for whatever reason(s), then do what is widely accepted practice...just scroll on by...done.

Reply to: Piracy in the Caribbean on the rise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bequia