We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report (February/March 2018)

Springfield...
Level Contributor
54 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report (February/March 2018)

This is definitely not a question. I hope no one minds me posting this here.

We hadn't been back to Bequia in 5 years. So there were a few new things for us to check out. As always, we had an amazing (too short!) trip to Bequia. Our 3 year old daughter was with us for her first Bequia experience. We were pleasantly surprised how well she handled the long travel day. We did overnight in Barbados, at the Rostrevor. Mostly because we like that hotel, but also to break the trip up just a little and not have to worry about plane delays or missing the last flight of the day to Bequia.

We got in to Bequia on a Sunday afternoon. Headed to Kingsville, dropped our bags, and went in search of our first Hairoun. That 40 minute plane ride makes a person thirsty! We stopped at Keegan's. Immediately the entire staff took to our daughter. They treated her amazingly, as did everyone else during our 2 weeks. She got to help Aussie write the menu board and wash tables. She was paid with ice cream. That's hard to beat! We frequented Keegan's a lot during our stay, since it was just down the road. The entire staff was wonderful, as was the food. And the beers were ICE cold.

We spent a lot of beach time at Lower Bay. Hard not to when traveling with a 3 year old. She now wants to live at the beach. We didn't have a single negative experience while dining, or just having drinks, on Bequia. We hit up all of our favorites and tried a few new places. Frangipani has been our favorite for years. So we spent a decent amount of time there visiting with Roger. Had some dinners at Keegan's. Hadley got to sing Bob Marley with Kyron during Monday Lobster Fest and thought that was the best thing in her entire life. Dawn's, De Reef, Porthole, La Plage, Sugar Hill, Fig Tree. I know I'm forgetting several, but each meal we had was great. Being 3, Hadley isn't quite as adventurous an eater as we are. Often she would request something not on the menu. It was unbelievable how many times they would come out with exactly what she had asked for, even when we specifically told them it was not necessary. Plain chicken and rice, plain noodles, cheesy noodles. Everyone was so accommodating.

The 2 Thursday Frangipani jump-ups were fun. Not as large of a crowd as I remember in past years, but we still had fun. Hadley loved all of the live music everywhere. She had so much fun dancing and meeting people.

Overall, the trip to Bequia was wonderful as always. Before we left, we put our names down to come back in 2019. We are already counting the days!

Mentioned in this post
Bequia
Bequia
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Rostrevor Hotel
Rostrevor Hotel
721 Reviews
Barbados
1 reply
Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3 164 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report (February/March 2018)

Thanks for a great trip report, really enjoyed reading it! It sounds like everyone on Bequia treated your daughter like a princess- nice to hear! I need to help out at Keegan's - I wouldn't mind being paid with ice cream!

We also like to overnight in Barbados. It nice to break up the travel.

Thanks for posting and glad you're already planned your return trip!

Edited: 10 May 2018, 22:09
Mentioned in this post
Bequia
Bequia
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Reply to: Trip Report (February/March 2018)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bequia