We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from the Brac April 1st.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Just returned from the Brac April 1st.

My son and I arrived at Cayman Brac March 28th. We stayed at Brac Beach Villa. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment. It has a wonderful pool and beautiful beach. It had been over 20 years since I had been there before. It is still wonderfully under developed. So relaxing. We rented car last minute from B & S Motor Ventures. They met me at the airport. Gave them my information while standing beside the car we rented. On return, we just left the car at the airport and put the keys in the console. They emailed me a copy of my bill. It was exactly as quoted and no extra charges.

So easy....Our car had the steering wheel on the opposite side that I am used to in the states. But the roads were very easy to navigate, no stop lights, no roundabouts. Very little traffic.

We ate our first dinner at the jerk chicken stand by the airport. Boy, was it good. Such big portions for about $10 each. We had enough for a second meal. We also went to the grocery and got stuff for breakfast and lunch. For two days, we saw no one on the beach or at our pool. It was a great way to start our vacation. We went out and snorkeled a few sites. Berts Brothers Boulders, close to the police station. We got to see a school of squid. , We also went to The wreck of Captain Tibbetts. The water was a bit choppy to swim out to the wreck, so we stayed in the protected area surrounded by iron shore. It was like a huge swimming pool. There is a ladder for easy entry. The water was crystal clear. We had a great time.

We ate out a few times....The captains table, Brac Beach resort (nice pool and cocktails), Also ate at a small place called Coral Isle. It was a tiny place with a limited menu. We had fried snapper and it was really good. Staff was very friendly.

We also drove up to the bluff so my son could experience the rugged beauty of it. Saw a booby bird and a parrot along the way.

I loved being able to open our balcony door and listening to the waves all night. What a great way to vacation. We stayed at the Brac 5 days and then headed to Grand Cayman for another 8 days.

I miss it already.

1 reply
Illinois
Level Contributor
1 702 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Just returned from the Brac April 1st.

Thank you for sharing, I think that the beauties of Cayman Brac are often overlooked - but maybe that is a good thing!

Reply to: Just returned from the Brac April 1st.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cayman Brac