We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations, Car, and Boat and Shore Dive Special on Brac

Illinois
Level Contributor
1 702 posts
2 reviews
Accomodations, Car, and Boat and Shore Dive Special on Brac

I came across this "dive, drive, and stay" special being offered during a few months this year by the Brac Scuba Shack, and I am posting it here because it is rare to see opportunities to enjoy both boat and shore diving on Brac at a good price.

I have never dived with BSS (and I have no financial arrangements with them!) but they have a good reputation. I hope that someone will take advantage of this opportunity and then post a trip report here because Brac is starting to gain recognition as a shore diving destination - but I have only boat dived on Brac, so far.

https://www.scubadiving.com/summer-dive-deal…

Brac Freedom Special

• 7 Nights accommodation in a private home with pool

• 6 days of two tank boat dives, unlimited shore diving and a rental vehicle

• US $1,015.00 per person

Valid: May, September and October 2018

Book Now

Booking Email Address: info@bracscubashack.com

Booking Telephone: 1345-9253215/9488472

Edited: 05 March 2018, 16:59
7 replies to this topic
Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3 721 posts
58 reviews
1. Re: Accomodations, Car, and Boat and Shore Dive Special on Brac

This is a very big thing in Bonaire in the southern Caribbean where people are into shore diving and want a vehicle (to transport their gear and themselves from site to site) and a package deal. I suppose someone in the Caymans has noticed the popularity of that concept and is attempting to give the people who like that concept another venue.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1 702 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Accomodations, Car, and Boat and Shore Dive Special on Brac

We've taken shore diving vacations to Bonaire several times, but lately the airfare to get there is expensive and difficult so it is nice to see that Cayman Brac may provide another option!

The Sister Island Tourism Association has posted signage marking shore dive sites and they have published a guide for shore diving Brac. The island is gaining recognition for their shore diving offerings - which is an economical option when you want to do a lot of dives cheaply; see the links below.

xray-mag.com/pdfs/articles/Travel_CaymanBrac…

https:/…

Edited: 06 March 2018, 07:24
Illinois
Level Contributor
1 702 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Accomodations, Car, and Boat and Shore Dive Special on Brac

Here is the SITA shore diving guide for Cayman Brac, there is said to be at least 25 marked sites for shore diving on the island.

https:/…

Edited: 06 March 2018, 07:40
Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3 721 posts
58 reviews
4. Re: Accomodations, Car, and Boat and Shore Dive Special on Brac

That is great to know- thanks!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3 721 posts
58 reviews
5. Re: Accomodations, Car, and Boat and Shore Dive Special on Brac

Off topic, Kathy, but have you been to Nevis? If so, what did you think of the diving there?

Illinois
Level Contributor
1 702 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Accomodations, Car, and Boat and Shore Dive Special on Brac

No, I have been to St. Kitts and cruised past Nevis but I have never been there. We did the Caribbean Explorer Liveaboard trip that departed from St. Martin and went to St. Kitts and then Saba. We spent a few days on St. Martin before boarding but didn't dive on St. Martin. Then we spent a couple of days diving around St. Kitts and enjoyed some shore leave, and then we cruised over to Saba for diving. My husband and I got off the boat at the end of the week and spent a few days on Saba and then flew back to St. Martin for the trip home. It was a great trip!

There was good diving around St. Kitts but I liked Saba the best. But I have to say that I have gotten a little more interested in Nevis every since I saw "Hamilton the Musical" (it was fantastic!) and learned that Alexander Hamilton had been born on Nevis. I think that you have to fly into St. Kitts and then take a ferry over to Nevis. If you go there please let me know how you liked it!

Edited: 08 March 2018, 06:01
Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3 721 posts
58 reviews
7. Re: Accomodations, Car, and Boat and Shore Dive Special on Brac

Ok- will do- thinking seriously about a trip to Nevis in November when it is still low season rates, Yes, you do fly into St. Kitts ( which can be direct from MIA ) then take a ferry or water taxi to Nevis.

Reply to: Accomodations, Car, and Boat and Shore Dive Special on Brac
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cayman Brac