We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do on Brac

Sk. Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
111 reviews
Things to do on Brac

Ann in Alabama was wondering what to do on Brac. Her husband dives and she does not. We were in Brac for 2 weeks and didn't dive very much. My first recommendation is to grab the free brochures and maps at the airport arrivals area when you get past immigration on GC. If you happen to miss it, you get another chance in the airport at Brac. The map has all the dive sites on it, as well as the restaurants, bars and some good sightseeing places. I picked up a brochure called Heritage Sites and Trails Cayman Brac from the tourist office. It has 45 things to do and see above water on the island. There are ponds to bird watch, caves, the lighthouse, footpaths, beaches, museum, cemetary, historic houses, hikes, botanical garden, and of course the usual kayaks, beach combing, sunning, swimming, spa, (she will come to you), biking, walking, chatting with the folks and characters of the island, nature tours.

Websites I looked at: www.caymanislands.ky www.naturecayman.com www.vimeo.com/165357805 www.itsyourstoexplore.com www.cayman.com.ky

8 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
3 073 posts
332 reviews
1. Re: Things to do on Brac

Make sure Ann from Alabama brings good water shoes to use in the ocean and on the beaches. Also a better pair of walking shoes such as Keens for the island. This is a very rocky area full of wonderful fossilized corals. There are so many that islanders use them as retaining walls. Nice to have free materials! Also seashells were wonderful on Cayman Brac.

Sk. Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
111 reviews
2. Re: Things to do on Brac

Oh, and if she wants coffee other than Maxwell House or Folgers, bring some from home... lol (I didn't)

California
Level Contributor
3 073 posts
332 reviews
3. Re: Things to do on Brac

Vovi I bring ALL my coffee lol. I have this one cup french press and it goes everywhere with me. I got it as a gift and it is one of the best ever gifts. I am the Queen of bringing food. I even bring my own home made granola.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3 721 posts
58 reviews
4. Re: Things to do on Brac

painnurse- sounds so great (the homemade granola)!! I am sure I will be perfectly fine on CB as I have been to much more off the grid places in my life. I am looking forward to our trip! Thanks for the advice.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3 721 posts
58 reviews
5. Re: Things to do on Brac

I have two pairs of well loved Keens but I might need to buy another pair of strictly water shoes or booties as my last ones bit the dust on a reef on Long Island, Bahamas . Thanks for the reminder.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3 721 posts
58 reviews
6. Re: Things to do on Brac

oops=- before the environmentalists attack me- not a living reef but the rocks on shore, not in the water or actual live coral reef... sorry for careless terminology!! You would have to have been on LI or similar to understand the large rock outcroppings I am referring to that ate my shoe.

California
Level Contributor
3 073 posts
332 reviews
7. Re: Things to do on Brac

I brought two pairs of water shoes but only needed one pair and I wore them a lot.

Sorry about your shoe being eaten lol. I need to look up LI now.

My homemade granola could win a prize lol. I bring it because my very spoiled husband enjoys it. My secret ingredient is mini chocolate chips.

As for "being off the grid" oh my gosh. A few years ago we spent a week on an atoll in Belize with no running water and no electricity. The shore snorkeling was fabulous. And the hubs dove 14 times in 6 days and said it was fabulous too.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3 721 posts
58 reviews
8. Re: Things to do on Brac

Which one ?? Sounds intriguing...only ever been to Caye Caulked and Ambergris

Reply to: Things to do on Brac
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cayman Brac