We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Soleil D'Or just cancelled our reservation for April

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Le Soleil D'Or just cancelled our reservation for April

Anyone else have their spring Le Soleil D'Or reservation suddenly cancelled without much explanation?

20 replies to this topic
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
11. Re: Le Soleil D'Or just cancelled our reservation for April

I spoke with someone directly at the hotel, and she said someone from reservations would call, but no one did. I ended up filing a complaint with our credit card company to try to get our deposit back. We found an alternate place to stay on Grand Cayman.

Galesburg, Illinois
1 post
12. Re: Le Soleil D'Or just cancelled our reservation for April

We just got back yesterday, it is the craziest thing. They gave workers 2 weeks notice the rumor is she is in some kind of trouble. It is such a beautiful place with a ton of money put into.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
13. Re: Le Soleil D'Or just cancelled our reservation for April

So oddly enough, I can book the Beach House through travelocity, for our same dates that we were told were unavailable. Is the resort still open??

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
11 027 posts
81 reviews
14. Re: Le Soleil D'Or just cancelled our reservation for April

Instead of asking on a forum where everyone is saying they don’t know what is happening, why don’t you contact them directly. Call and ask for a manager.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
15. Re: Le Soleil D'Or just cancelled our reservation for April

I originally posted on this forum, because I couldn't get a response from the resort/manager, despite many attempts.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
7 239 posts
24 reviews
16. Re: Le Soleil D'Or just cancelled our reservation for April

"I originally posted on this forum, because I couldn't get a response from the resort/manager, despite many attempts."

I'd opt to infer the most likely status of the resort from this situation.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6 584 posts
34 reviews
17. Re: Le Soleil D'Or just cancelled our reservation for April

Given existing upcoming reservations were cancelled by the resort and other comment as to 2 weeks notice in October to workers, there was no response to a direct inquiry, sure sounds like this is not a viable place to stay.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1 702 posts
2 reviews
18. Re: Le Soleil D'Or just cancelled our reservation for April

A member on another forum recently shared an email message from Mike Barcroft from the Le Soleil D'Or management team, he said:

"We are neither out of business nor closed, albeit certain service operations are temporarily suspended. We continue to have the Beach House/Villa and the Beach Cottage to rent."

So it sounds like the restaurants, the main resort, and some of the resort amenities are no longer available but you can still rent the free-standing accommodations.

Edited: 12 January 2018, 21:07
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
11 027 posts
81 reviews
19. Re: Le Soleil D'Or just cancelled our reservation for April

I sat next to one of the principals on a flight down last week. They are not open as a Resort currently. It is disappointing but sometimes but I am sure more so for those who had a vested interest/jobs, etc.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
9 567 posts
197 reviews
20. Re: Le Soleil D'Or just cancelled our reservation for April

Not sure I would want to rent any accommodations on the grounds of a resort where "service operations are temporarily suspended."

Reply to: Le Soleil D'Or just cancelled our reservation for April
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cayman Brac