We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Lucian By Rex Resorts

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
St Lucian By Rex Resorts

Hope somebody may be able to shed some light on the St. Lucian by Rex Resorts Hotel. I am due to be travelling later this year however my Sister who is on holiday visited this hotel today 25th February to take a few photographs, have a look back and report back. Well she has reported back at 3-45pm UK time today sent a photograph which show the hotel closed and high metal fences erected around the hotel and entrance closed. I have read of the plight of a couple of families who were taken here to find it was closed to be forwarded to a hotel called the Royal which I understand to be fairly close. I have just spoken with British Airways and they have no news of any ongoing situation here and they say the hotel is still taking bookings and no doubt deposits although they are reporting back further to me on Monday. If anyone can advise as to what is happening here I would be grateful as I am due to pay out a fairly heft balance for my holiday soon and don't really fancy throwing it down the drain. Thanks.

13 replies to this topic
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13 789 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Lucian By Rex Resorts

It is closed for renovations, including some significant upgrades to its electrical system. It is normally a fenced property and I would expect the beachside to be closed off to prevent anyone entering during the rennos.. ... No official word on when it will be finished... The Royal is a significant upgrade from St Lucian, a sister property right next doos which is a much more upscale property. That's a great upgrade...

You can contact Rex properties directly via info on their website...

Edited: 25 February 2017, 22:21
Telford, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Lucian By Rex Resorts

Thanks. Really appreciated.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Lucian By Rex Resorts

Just a helpful message to anyone concerned. I have been advised today that this hotel is closed for renovation and could be closed for some time. So before booking it would be best that you check with your Travel Agent or Tour operator to find out when the hotel is going to re-open for business.

Edited: 27 February 2017, 16:53
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13 789 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Lucian By Rex Resorts

Thanks for the re-confirmation radioman... Pretty sure that's exactly what's posted in #1!!

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Lucian By Rex Resorts

Can't quite understand how this message has come up on Trip Advisor. I wrote reviews on three or four holiday company brochures as they are still selling holidays for this resort including late deals, which I think is totally out of order. I have heard of holidaymakers landing at the airport being taken to the hotel and then being told they are being taken elsewhere. Sorry if you are offended but I can only guess that there is some tie up between travel companies and Trip Advisor. That is not exactly transparent either.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3 644 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St Lucian By Rex Resorts

I would agree that the Royal is a definite upgrade from the Rex St Lucian!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13 789 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St Lucian By Rex Resorts

Who is offended radioman?? Except those who are booking with holiday companies still selling a resort that's closed _ those people should be angry. The Royal is a significant upgrade over St Lucian so it works out in their favor after all... But they would certainly be well within their rights to be angry sith the holiday company selling a closed resort.

If you mean me being somehow offended that you reiterated what I wrote - not at all... I was amused actually as your post confirms what I wrote in response to your original question. Yes, it's closed indefinitely for renovations.. Be mad at the companies still selling it during this period, definitely.

Happy holidays...

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St Lucian By Rex Resorts

I am due to go to the St Lucian in July and e-mailed Rex Resorts about the closure, they have confirmed hotel is closed and all guests will be put in the Papillon next door

Boisbriand, Canada
Level Contributor
376 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St Lucian By Rex Resorts

We were suppose to stay at Papillon by Rex in January 2016 but the hotel was not ready to open and that's exactly what I was hoping for since I knew we would be relocated at the Royal and it was a dream come true.

You to, should be hoping for the same thing since the Royal is so much better with real palapas and great chairs on the beach and great drinks and food etc.

Have a great vacation.

United States
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: St Lucian By Rex Resorts

I was at the St Lucian hotel last year , not a very nice place to spend a week ,, thank God they decided to close a renovate this resort it was well over due , torn umbrella at the pool , open electrical sockets , broken tile thru out the complex worn out paint , and the view from the beach the restaurant looks like its ready to fall into the ocean by the looks of its foundation.People walking on the beach would comment as to how bad the condition of the hotel was in. This place deserves better on such a wonderful beach , If they are sending people to the Royal major difference between the two can't even compere the two hotels.Even the Papillon would be a good option since Rex own all three hotels

Edited: 03 April 2018, 13:02
Reply to: St Lucian By Rex Resorts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gros Islet