We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Lucia - Sandals - help please

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
495 posts
258 reviews
Save Topic
St Lucia - Sandals - help please

Hiya,

I am looking at going away in September or October for St Lucia Sandals resort.

Can I ask your opinion please I assume the Grande is the best but is about £1000 more. Between the Halcyon and Regency which is better please?

Also do you think the £1000 extra for the Grande is worth it? When for that extra I could save for spending money or go for 10 nights at the others not 7. But I am on a bit of a budget.

Have tried to look for previous posts but is difficult.

What is the pros and cons of each please?

Thank you in advance

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 15 hotels in Gros Islet
Serenity at Coconut Bay
Serenity at Coconut Bay
#1 of 4 hotels in Vieux Fort
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
#1 of 4 hotels in Cap Estate
10 replies to this topic
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13 445 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Lucia - Sandals - help please

What room types are you looking at? That makes a difference also.

No, I don't think Grande is £1000 better than the other two! Especially as you can stay at one and play at all three, with their provided transportation between the three.

La Toc is actually our favorite, if we were to stay at a Sandals again. We prefer the variety if landscapes and views - the cliffs, beach, etc. The different restaurant locations and such.. Halcyon is our least favorite due to size, age and beach...

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
495 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Lucia - Sandals - help please

Hiya, thanks for your reply, we would go for the just basic standard room

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
495 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Lucia - Sandals - help please

Anyone?

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3 624 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Lucia - Sandals - help please

If you are concerned about swimming, the Grand would be best as it has the calmest beach. La Toc is very nice and has better views imho and you can visit the other resorts in the (ever increasing) Sandals chain in St Lucia. I would opt for La Toc...

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
1 873 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Lucia - Sandals - help please

If you want the best beach ( calm ) I would pick the Grande however La Toc is our favourite. It is very hilly but we don't mind the walk up and down since it burns off a few calories. They do have regular shuttles at La Toc to take you from the bluffs to the main area if you don't want to walk. I would save your money and go for a longer stay and / or use the savings to take in an excursion or 2. Lovely island to miss out and just see the views during the transfer.

As others have said, you can visit the all 3 regardless or which Sandals you stay at. Shuttles usually run about every hour from La Toc, stopping at Halcyon and then the Grande.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13 445 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St Lucia - Sandals - help please

In a basic room - then absolutely no, an additional £1000 just to be located at the Grande is absolutely not worth it! That £1000 could go for a longer stay, or more excursions, or upgraded flight, or even a other trip!

You can visit the Grande from La Toc very easy as much as you like using the included transportation.. La Toc has a great beach, usually fairly calm and swimmable but can have rougher seas depending on sea conditions as it faces the open ocean... That £1000 will go a long way to other things. The rooms are very similar regardless of which resort..

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3 624 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St Lucia - Sandals - help please

I see we are all concurring here! Also for what it is worth, Grand is quite cookie cutter and La Toc more unique.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
495 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St Lucia - Sandals - help please

Thank you so much everyone, have booked la toc :) thanks so much :) xxx

NJ
Level Contributor
260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St Lucia - Sandals - help please

We always book a low category room and love them. We stayed at the Grand twice and are going back for a third visit. The beach at the grand cannot be beat and he water sports are the best. We like to sail and the bay there gives you a lot of place to go. We stayed once or La Toc and didn't like it, we tried to transfer over to The Grand but they were booked.. We love water sports are the surf at La Toc is often red flagged even in summer therefore they do not have a doc and you have to get shuttled to town to go on a snorkel trip, so a 20 minute in the water snorkel eats up about two hours. The room we had at La Toc was not quite up to the sandals standard. Never stayed at Halcyon, it is on the small side and has very little going on in terms of activities. If you can't do the grand go to La Toc.

NJ
Level Contributor
260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: St Lucia - Sandals - help please

P.S. I'd rather do 7 nights at the Grand then 10 at one of the other resorts

Reply to: St Lucia - Sandals - help please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted