We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with hotel selection

Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Please help with hotel selection

Can anyone help me decide between bay garden inn or harmony suites? Hope to travel in April. Thanks in advance

5 replies to this topic
Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with hotel selection

My personnal choice for the price range would be the bay garden hotel (not the inn) or Ginger Lily. Although the hotel and inn are close by, I like the hotels location and grounds better. They have an amazing included breakfast. The ginger lily is just so cute and quaint. I checked out the Harmony suites when I was there since I was choosing between the bay garden and harmony (like yourself) and wasnt impressed.

Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with hotel selection

Thank you

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3 662 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help with hotel selection

My friends honeymooned at the Ginger Lily and loved it. Quaint and not glam but good value and friendly.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2 513 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help with hotel selection

Hi,

I have never stayed in the Harmony Suites but they do get pretty good reports. They are in the same area as Ginger Lily (see below) but a bit further from the beach.

I have stayed in Ginger Lily, it is small (12 rooms?) and the rooms are very nice. There is a small swimming pool that is about 15m long. There is no bar, drinks can be bought at reception, the restaurant is extrely limited and breakfast is very basic. That said you can cook in your room and bring in food and drinks as if you were in an apartment. It is 2 mins walk from the beach and there are some excellent restauants within 5 mins walk.

The Bay Gardens Hotel and the Bay Gardens Inn are next to each other, about 30 yards apart, and are usually +/- the same price. If you are in the BGI you can use the BGH for eating, drinking and the pool. These 2 hotels are effectively run as one hotel with the same Manager etc.

The Bay Gardens Hotel is bigger than GL and I have looked around the hotel inc the rooms. The rooms are also nice and spacious, there is a choice of pools and they are bigger than the GL.There is a good bar and restaurant. Also if you are staying in the Inn or the Hotel you can use the super facilities at the Bay Gardens Beach Resort inc the pool, beachchairs, rest rooms etc. This would be a big plus for me. There is a free shuttle or it is a 15 min walk. The Bay Gardens Hotel is very well managed and it is situated on the edge of the village centre with a good choice of bars/restaurants within 5/10 mins walk

Personally I would go with the BGH but it depends what you want. If you want to largely self cater then GL or HS may be better for you

STEVE

Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help with hotel selection

Thank-you very much! I have booked Bay Gardens Inn

Reply to: Please help with hotel selection
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Lucia