We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing for my husband

Milton Keynes...
3 posts
Save Topic
Packing for my husband

Hi, we are coming to st lucia In just 3 weeks, however my husband has no idea! I'm surprising him for our 10 year anniversary. I do think plan on telling him until the day before we fly, he will only have a couple hours to get ready as I've booked the airport hotel for the night before.

What should I pack for him?

Also any ideas on how to spring the surprise would be great!

I've booked him a half day at work so will be turning up to "take him to lunch" but that's as far as I've got x

10 replies to this topic
Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
Level Contributor
2 427 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing for my husband

What a lovely surprise.

Re packing everything in St Lucia is very casual so plenty of shorts, short sleeved shirts and tee shirts. Probably at least one pair of long trousers and a couple of long sleeved shirts.

Where are you staying? some places have an evening dress code.

Plenty of sunscreen(very expensive in SL), a couple of sun hats, a good book or whatever else he does to chill out.

A good pair of shoes/boots if you are likely to do any hiking

STEVE

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
1 873 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing for my husband

Maybe to " spring " it on him try a few different cards with clues in them. Maybe #1 has a picture of a beach, #2 has an airplane and #3 has a picture of the hotel or something along those lines. Make a game out of opening various items ?

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
425 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing for my husband

If you have YouTube there are a number of videos you can watch. Most are 5-10 minutes and you can likely find something that's near where you are staying.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1 162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Packing for my husband

I highly recommend getting him a washable linen shirt (short-sleeved, button-down and collared) and drawstring pants from Cuvavera (online). They aren’t very expensive (they usually have 40% off on a regular basis), and they are very comfortable in St Lucia’s warm weather. He wears that on the plane since it’s air conditioned, and to restaurants in the evening. Since it’s washable, he only needs one set - and we NEVER iron it!

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Sevemoaks
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Packing for my husband

Plenty of T shirts and swimmers. Shorts. Beach shoes or flip flops. Hat. Long trousers and short sleeve collared shirt if eating out slightly posh, or maybe hotel restaurant. Medications. Books or kindle loaded. Trainers for wet trails. Binoculars. Mask and Finns. Have fun!

Milton Keynes...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Packing for my husband

Some great ideas, thanks so much!

He really does deserve it, I can't wait to see his face!

Been shopping for him today, and have gotten everything suggested, just need to get him a hat and I'm done... Eeek! X

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3 624 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Packing for my husband

How lovely. One thing I don’t think anyone has mentioned are chargers for his mobile, iPad etc. How you prize those away from him will be a challenge... antihistamines are good for mossie bites and pollen allergies. Earplugs might be a good idea depending on where you are staying and how noisy the treefrogs are!

Good luck with your secret plan and keep us all posted....

DONT FORGET HIS PASSPORT! And driving licence if you are hiring a car...

Milton Keynes...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Packing for my husband

Thank you, I hadn't thought of antihistamines and they will be needed I'm sure!

He will have about 45mins to add any tech I've missed in his hand luggage, but I'll be packing everything else!

I'll be sure to post again with his reaction x

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
1 873 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Packing for my husband

We also pack a few zip lock bags - for anything just in case. And they don't take up any room.

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3 624 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Packing for my husband

Especially if he is allergic to tree pollen as mango pollen always gets me!

Reply to: Packing for my husband
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Lucia