We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel card to Cuba

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Travel card to Cuba

I swear I tried to find the answer under the existing topics but couldn't... I am told that different American airlines charge different fees for Cuba travel cards: that it is mostly $50, but some, such as AA, charge $100. It kind of mattes for larger families. Any specific information on that? Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14 826 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel card to Cuba

Most of the airlines websites have details. They do call them different things - tourist card, visa etc

I think that most of the airlines use agencies. AA use Cuba Travel Services who charge 50 + 35 + delivery in advance or 100 in the airport. Jetblue and Delta charge 50 I think.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
8 704 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel card to Cuba

When you choose your airline, they will tell you what to pay for your Visa and how. They set the rules.

Too much is being made out of Americans paying up to $100 while the rest of the world pays $00 to $15.

Cuba grants you a Tourist visa no matter what OFAC excuse you use and the airlines have to jump through hoops to secure the routes. Like all airlines these days, they advertise the base rate, plus this and plus that and plus a visa and plus checked baggage, plus ... LOL

big apple
Level Contributor
125 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel card to Cuba

Air Canada gives you these cards for free!!! Anyone who charges a fee is some sort of thief.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20 029 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel card to Cuba

Air canada does not give them for free.

The tourist card is in the ticket price, just like the exit tax.

Miami, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel card to Cuba

hello there, you can go to visa2cuba.com and get the tourist card for $75. The tourist card is send by mail, not sure if there is an option to send it blank.

Miami, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel card to Cuba

hello there, you can go to visa2cuba.com and get the tourist card for $75. The tourist card is send by mail, not sure if there is an option to send it blank.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14 826 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel card to Cuba

How sweet - a Valentine's Day promotion.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel card to Cuba

Many thanks to all!

Reply to: Travel card to Cuba
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted