We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tenikwa vs Jukani vs Cango Wildlife

Auburn...
Level Contributor
24 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Tenikwa vs Jukani vs Cango Wildlife

We will be in the area after spending a week in Kruger and thought having a cheetah encounter would be an amazing experience. Now I have read that they hunt them afterwards in the private reserves, but some say lions not cheetah. I certainly do not want to support this, but am unsure if it is true.

Many say they have amazing experience. If I had to choose one of the three, which one? Sadly we do not have time for Monkeyland and Birds of Eden, so I would not choose Jukani just for proximity.

Thanks for any help.

3 replies to this topic
Plettenberg Bay...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tenikwa vs Jukani vs Cango Wildlife

I'd suggest Tenikwa Wildlife and Rehab Centre - They support ethical wildlife tourism. They also don't actively breed which says a lot and are focused on rehabilitation, awareness and conservation.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6 298 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tenikwa vs Jukani vs Cango Wildlife

Perhaps after being in Kruger, you will have enjoyed seeing animals in the wild so much that you won't want to see animals in captivity.

Plettenberg Bay...
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tenikwa vs Jukani vs Cango Wildlife

Hi Twinkie

Personally I think you should rather choose Birds of Eden over the three. It's really good.

Reply to: Tenikwa vs Jukani vs Cango Wildlife
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about The Crags