We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit the Magic Valley of Riebeek Kasteel

Cape Town
1 post
Visit the Magic Valley of Riebeek Kasteel
Save

For a tranquil interesting weekend getaway, feed your senses on all the Valley has to offer. Wine and Olive tastings, Art galleries, quaint shops, magnificent views of vineyards, springbok roaming in fields, feast you taste buds on the selection of restaurants on offer, enjoy the selection of Hotels, Guest Houses/B&B's and self catering facilities.

All reasonably priced for couples or groups, you will enjoy the experience, we did.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10 567 posts
1. Re: Visit the Magic Valley of Riebeek Kasteel
Save

Hi Pat

Welcome to the Cape Forums.

Agree with you that Riebeek Kasteel is a lovely place for a weekend or for a day trip from the city - just an hour's scenic drive.

We were there a couple of weeks ago on one of the many gorgeous sunny days this winter. Wine tasting at Kloovenburg and take home some of their lovely olive based products. Then lunch in one of my favorite Country Restaurants - Cafe Felix operated by Malcolm and Rochelle Bushell and Chef Steven Kruger from Cape Town's Opal Lounge.

Also like lunch at the Kasteelberg Country Inn right in the village - a lovely shady terrace ovelooking the central square. Later a must is afternoon tea on "the longest stoep in South Africa" at the colonial style Royal Hotel. The best scones that I have had in South Africa! I've diverted 100km driving down from the north just for afternoon tea!

Edited: 10 years ago
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
7 536 posts
619 reviews
299 helpful votes
2. Re: Visit the Magic Valley of Riebeek Kasteel
Save

I just love Kloovenburg. Not just their wine (very good Shiraz) but their olives and their wonderful beauty products. I am planning a visit again in November on my way from Clanwilliam to Cape Town. I haven't yet ventured into the village but will do this time. I have read lots about it. Sounds like it is becoming a foodie destination? Made a note of the lunch recommendations - thanks VDC.

Any more winery recommendations for this area?

Lisa

PS. my profile picture is outside Kloovenburg on a very hot day!

3. Re: Visit the Magic Valley of Riebeek Kasteel

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2011, 08:58
Get answers to your questions about Riebeek Kasteel
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.