We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire for WIndhoek to Katima Mulilo recommendation

Winchester, Virginia
1 post
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Car hire for WIndhoek to Katima Mulilo recommendation

Hello

I'm looking for recommendations for a rental company that will let us pick up a car in Windhoek and drop it off in Katima Mulilo.

Also looking for trip ideas.

Current plan is Windhoek to Swakopmund for a few days then Etosha for a few days before heading to the Caprivi area.

Any suggestions would be welcome - thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Otjiwarongo, Namibia
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Car hire for WIndhoek to Katima Mulilo recommendation

Hi there, Bidvest do allow drop offs in katima. You can also contact Caprivi Adventures for transfers or daytrips. Visit their website

http://Www.capriviadventures.com

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1 174 posts
130 reviews
100 helpful votes
2. Re: Car hire for WIndhoek to Katima Mulilo recommendation

Hi,

I did a similar thing and rented from Bidvest. They were fantastic. Make sure to ask them to come and pick up the car at the airport.

You can read my review here - https://4holidaymaniacs.com/namibia-trip-planning/

Wye, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
3. Re: Car hire for WIndhoek to Katima Mulilo recommendation

Hi guys,

We use a company called Namibia or Africa 4x4 and to date they have never let us down. We have vehicles delivered to seal is Bay, Katima and Luderitz and evening Oranjemund

Having said that I am sure there are other companies who offer this service as well.

As for your trip, with the little info we have so far ... Swakopmund and Etosha are excellent and driving up to the Caprivi will give you a totally different side to Namibia. Green and lush, big rivers, hippos, buffalos and crocs and fantastic birding.

Don’t miss out on the little gem called Mahango National Park and Buffalo Core area on the opposite bank in western Caprivi and the wonderful wetlands just west of Katima. The area had some excellent lodges and campsites.

Enjoy your trip

Kathryn

Reply to: Car hire for WIndhoek to Katima Mulilo recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Katima Mulilo
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.