We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kasane to Namibia? Anything cool to do nearby?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
248 posts
192 reviews
66 helpful votes
Kasane to Namibia? Anything cool to do nearby?

We are arriving at Kasane too late to go on the afternoon safari at our lodge on the Chobe in Botswana. How far is Namibia from the airport? Are there any cool things to do near the airport to allow us to see another country? I’m also posting in the Kasane forum.

7 replies to this topic
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
45 995 posts
597 reviews
549 helpful votes
1. Re: Kasane to Namibia? Anything cool to do nearby?

You can 'see' Namibia on the opposite bank. However to actually visit the country will take time to pass the border and return and there is not much happening on the other side for quite some distance.

Better to just ask your driver from the airport to slowly do the riverside portion of Chobe NP on the way to your Lodge.

Province of...
Level Contributor
239 posts
38 reviews
45 helpful votes
2. Re: Kasane to Namibia? Anything cool to do nearby?

Depends in which lodge you stay, you don't need any entertainment other than nature there....great sunsets with animals across the river gazing......it too wonderful! You could try and do a sunset cruize....check with your lodge departure times. Or just sit back and enjoy a cold beer watching the lovely river near Kasane. We toured the area a lot as well as Namibia. Shout if you need to know anything more.....we always camp at Chobe Safari Lodge.

3. Re: Kasane to Namibia? Anything cool to do nearby?

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
248 posts
192 reviews
66 helpful votes
4. Re: Kasane to Namibia? Anything cool to do nearby?

Thanks for the responses! We'll be staying at Chobe Bakwena Lodge. How far away is Namibia? I always love to see new countries if they're nearby! Anything to do in the part of Namibia that is close to Chobe/Kasane?

Can't wait!

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
338 posts
30 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Kasane to Namibia? Anything cool to do nearby?

Bakwena Lodge is great! We stayed there 4 years ago.

When are you going and what time are you arriving? Because if I remember correctly, the sunset was early in September. So afternoons are short. So if you are not arriving on time for the afternoon drive, which I think was around 4pm, you will not have much daylight to do anything. I would suggest to go to the lodge and enjoy a sundowner on the terrace of your room or at the boma area. The lodge is at the waterfront and there is a lot going on. Evening small animals coming into the gardens of the lodge.

And for your info, I think the border is still about 1 hour drive from the lodge and it takes some time to cross. You will need transport to do this as well. The border we crossed was Ngoma bridge. I am not sure if there is any other border crossing to Namibia closer by.

Edited: 6 years ago
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
248 posts
192 reviews
66 helpful votes
6. Re: Kasane to Namibia? Anything cool to do nearby?

Nice to know that you like the Lodge! We’re going in June- can’t wait! I think we arrive in Kasane around 1 pm. Were you near Namibia on the water ?

Edited: 6 years ago
Allentown...
Level Contributor
224 posts
26 reviews
18 helpful votes
7. Re: Kasane to Namibia? Anything cool to do nearby?

BAkwena is near Kazangula, which is a few clicks east of Kasane. Nice lodge. If you are on the normal 1 pm flight, you should be able to go on a game drive. Another option is to catch a 'booze cruise' in Kasane at any of the larger lodges. Those normally go out around 3 or 4 until sunset.

Reply to: Kasane to Namibia? Anything cool to do nearby?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Katima Mulilo
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.