We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

self drive to vilanculos

self drive to vilanculos

me and hubby will be travelling to villanculos for 3 days in december is it possible to reach the place with a polo vivo, will be lodging at baobab beach resort and back packers

7 replies to this topic
Matola, Mozambique
Level Contributor
2 023 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: self drive to vilanculos

Hi,

Yes, The road all the way to Pambarra is quite good. Pambarra to Vilankulo is very bumpy but any car can do it. Then when you get into town there is some sand between town and Baobab, and you'll need to be careful parking there, but you will be fine, you'll see lots of small cars in town

2. Re: self drive to vilanculos

is there a need for half way accomodation because i will be driving from mbabane .

Matola, Mozambique
Level Contributor
2 023 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: self drive to vilanculos

It's a VERY long trip to do in one day. It would take about 13-14 hours. Best to sleep over on the way

4. Re: self drive to vilanculos

Any recommedations of the town and lodge to sleep over accesible with a small car.

Matola, Mozambique
Level Contributor
2 023 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: self drive to vilanculos

Bilene is a good stopover with paved roads in town. see http://www.mozambicanhotels.com/bilene-hotels

Leuven, Belgium
9 posts
6. Re: self drive to vilanculos

between april the 16th and the 23rd my friend and me would like to hire a private driver to drive us from Maputo to Tofo.

Any recommendations ????

Matola, Mozambique
Level Contributor
2 023 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
7. Re: self drive to vilanculos

Tours Maputo are the best and most economic licenced operator in Mozambique. You can contact them on info@toursmaputo.com

Maputo City Tours are also quite good.

Reply to: self drive to vilanculos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ponta do Ouro
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.