We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milford on sea disable access

Christchurch...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Milford on sea disable access
Save

Took a drive out to Milford on Sea got to the car park by the Bowls club which I've used many a times but they have renewed all the Beach huts and sea defence and know you have lost good sea views from the car park and disability access to the beach I used to fish from the beach but now access is very difficult total spoilt the area

3 replies to this topic
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
211 reviews
120 helpful votes
1. Re: Milford on sea disable access
Save

Unfortunately, government has allowed local councils to outsource their parking areas and this gives rise to the very situation you find yourself in. I too am disabled and find more and more car parks do not allow me to park without paying? This, despite the fact that I pay nothing for road tax...because of the severity of my disability.

Like you I used to love to fish...if legal...from certain car parks, but now...from Dover to Newquay and Southampton to Aberdeen...whole swathes of coastal access is being removed from the elderly, families with young children and people like us who are disabled?

Maybe you could write to your local MP and ask them to raise your concerns?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3 767 posts
262 reviews
275 helpful votes
2. Re: Milford on sea disable access
Save

Sea views have become a premium marketing option and all the Councils have cottoned on to this, throughout the UK. There must still be some piers and car parks on sea fronts near Christchurch - What about Mudeford or Poole? Perhaps phone a local fishing club and see if they know any areas.

Milford on Sea...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
10 helpful votes
3. Re: Milford on sea disable access
Save

There is a wheel chair ramp at the end of the promenade. If you park in the car park by the bowls club. Facing the sea turn right. Keep going and by the white house there is a wheel chair ramp down to the beach.

Reply to: Milford on sea disable access
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Milford on Sea
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.