We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to reach limpias from lisbon

doha
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
best way to reach limpias from lisbon
Save

Kindly suggest the best options for travelling to limpias from lisbon.

5 replies to this topic
Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
2 531 posts
110 reviews
193 helpful votes
1. Re: best way to reach limpias from lisbon
Save

Well. It's a long way! If you have a car, that's another matter, but assuming you don't...

Your best bet is to fly Lisbon-Bilbao (either with TAP (www.flytap.com) or Vueling (www.vueling.com)). Then you've got two options.

Either get to the central bus station in Bilbao (there's a shuttle bus), then get a bus to Laredo (www.alsa.es, there are plenty), and then get a bus to Limpias from Laredo (9 a day - for timetable check here: www.transportedecantabria.es).

Or you can get a FEVE train direct from Bilbao to Limpias (http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/feve/index.html 2 a day), however look on Google maps and you'll see the station is a short walk out of the centre.

www.ratoncantabria.wordpress.com

doha
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: best way to reach limpias from lisbon
Save

Thank you very much for your reply. I'm considering taking a flight lisbon-bilbao and athe train from bilbao to limpias.

However, could you kindly advise the other option lisbon-santander-limpias, which route (lis-bilbao or lis-santander) is quicker and easier?

Thanks again,

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
2 531 posts
110 reviews
193 helpful votes
3. Re: best way to reach limpias from lisbon
Save

There is no direct flight from Lisbon to Santander, you would have to fly via Madrid or elsewhere. In terms of getting from Santander to Limpias, the same applies as from Bilbao, you could either get the ALSA bus from Santander to Laredo and then another bus from Laredo to Limpias, or get the FEVE train from Santander to Limpias station. These are the same buses and trains as from Bilbao, just coming from the other direction. (both the FEVE train and the bus lines are Santander-Bilbao).

doha
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: best way to reach limpias from lisbon
Save

Thank you again for your kind replies which I have noted. So I will fly from Lisbon to Bilbao. I will stay one weekend night and go back to Lisbon by return flight.

but I was also thinking of visiting Garabandal, how far is it from bilbao, how many hours by train/bus? kindly advise.

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
2 531 posts
110 reviews
193 helpful votes
5. Re: best way to reach limpias from lisbon
Save

If you have questions specific to Bilbao, it is best to ask them in the Bilbao forum: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187454-i517-Bilbao_Vizcaya_Province_Basque_Country.html

Reply to: best way to reach limpias from lisbon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Limpias
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.