We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medina Sidonia apartment

Manchester
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Medina Sidonia apartment

I am looking for an apartment for 2 people in the old town of Medina Sidonia but cannot find anything. I just keep coming up with the same 3 properties which are too big and not what I want . Can anyone help as I have trawled through page after page on the internet? there must be something out there somewhere!

11 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
70 683 posts
3 787 reviews
1. Re: Medina Sidonia apartment

millie:

Are you sure you want to stay in this little town? I have gone there and there is little of interest there.

Medina Sidonia
1 post
2. Re: Medina Sidonia apartment

I have an apartment for two in the old part of Medina Sidonia.

There is some information and a map at this link.

meligrana.com/alojamiento/…ojos-de-buey.asp

These days we charge 200 euros/week

email: asidonense at wanadoo dot es

Vincent Jenkins

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23 841 posts
292 reviews
3. Re: Medina Sidonia apartment

http://www.laposadacasarural.com/

has accommodation that looks nice.

There are more listings on the town's web site :

http://www.medinasidonia.com/

Just open : Dónde Alojarse (where to stay)

Manchester
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Medina Sidonia apartment

Yes i know it's very quiet andnot much to do but we have visited already and really loved the atmosphere. We just want a week of total relaxation and it's not too far from other places of interest.

Thanks for the warning though!

Manchester
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Medina Sidonia apartment

Thank you for your reply. Do you have any photgraphs of your apartment?

Manchester
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Medina Sidonia apartment

Hi Cadiz lover.

Thank you for your reply. I will have a closer look at the websites you receommend anmd do my best to translate the info!

You obviously love that part of Spain so do you have any other recommendations for that area? We have only spent a week on that coast in a wonderful hotel in the country - Hotel Sindura - and want to explore a bit more. Any help will be much appreciated .

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23 841 posts
292 reviews
7. Re: Medina Sidonia apartment

I would certainly recommend a visit to Arcos de la Frontera if you are in the area. More facilities than Medina Sidonia and close to Jerez which can be easily reached on a bus. I prefer Arcos to Medina for various reasons.

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Medina Sidonia apartment

There's so much to see and do in that area. Setenil with its cave dwellings, Grazalema for some mountain air, Vejer de la Frontera with its Moorish artchitecture and Jewish area, beaches, Arcos is lots of fun. Jerez de la Frontera has a Flamenco museum and horse shows, Moguer the home of famous Juan Ramon Jimenez. I'd love to get back to that area. I too was enchanted by Medina Sidonia though only there for a day. It just seemed like the "old Spain". Enjoy!

Treasure Coast of...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11 431 posts
40 reviews
9. Re: Medina Sidonia apartment

Medina Sidonia is one of my favorite LITTLE towns but have never stayed there. I have said many times that you spend 5 hours in the plaza and you would have talked to 50% of the people in town. As you say very old Spain, with VERY few tourists, l alwas say, SMALL is good, you can not help but feel very comfortable in this town, good luck and have fun. Hubie

Andalucia
Level Contributor
51 posts
28 reviews
10. Re: Medina Sidonia apartment

I know too late for last year but next time you are looking for something in this area please drop me an email or check out websites www.lavistademedina.com or www.andaluciahideaways.com

I hope you had a great time last August.

BR

Gary

Reply to: Medina Sidonia apartment
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Medina-Sidonia