We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ortigueira trip reports

United States
Level Contributor
109 posts
45 reviews
Ortigueira trip reports

We are planning on going to the 2019 Festival.... and looking for other music festivals in Galicia. Bagpipes are our focus.... We saw music and dancing of this region and Andalusian in Lorient in 2017. All thoughts/ experiences appreciated !

Thanks...

4 replies to this topic
O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6 849 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Ortigueira trip reports

Looking so far a head is difficult in Spain. For example in August this year our local town festival had Milladoiro as the headlining group. Unfortunately this was not announced until a week or so before.

The website for Ortigueira has not been updated for 2019 yet. http://festivaldeortigueira.com/

I have found out that Lorient is being held in France this year.

United States
Level Contributor
109 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Ortigueira trip reports

Thank you for your reply. I will look at the link you shared. We have found a Wikipedia site with piping festivals. I will post more specific questions as we narrow down our dates and towns. We would like to spend three weeks in Galicia, perhaps some time in Asturia...

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6 849 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Ortigueira trip reports

As I said the gaitas or bands that play gaitas are not always in festivals specifically for them. You can find them at most town fiestas. But which band and at what time will depend on a lot of things.

These bands can also be found in Asturias.

United States
Level Contributor
109 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Ortigueira trip reports

thanks! We have begun listening to bands on You tube.... I signed up to follow the Asturias postings also...

Reply to: Ortigueira trip reports
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ortigueira