We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Obligatory Overnigth stay in Siem Reap

1 post
Save Topic
Obligatory Overnigth stay in Siem Reap

Hi,

We have reserved an airasia return fligth for the same day from Bangkok to Siem Reap in March. We fly in the morning and fly back in the evening the same day. Is there really an obligation to spend an overnigth there before returning? Has anyone returned on the same day? Thanks for any advice

6 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 114 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Obligatory Overnigth stay in Siem Reap

Hello,

This is the Support forum where all of us members query our reviews, find out about Guidelines for reviews and the forums, ask questions on how to use TripAdvisor website and it's features, and we can report technical glitches and issues.

Every city, region, Island and country has its own travel forum on here. Plus there are other Beyond Destination forums on travel topics and themes. Here's the forums homepage link to save or bookmark -

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ForumHome

You can search for a specific forum by clicking on the magnifying glass search icon at the top right side of this website page. Then on the search bar - left side type in 'Forum' and on the right side replace "World" with a city name. The forum pages are best viewed on the full website, not the limited Tripadvisor APP.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
65 087 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Obligatory Overnigth stay in Siem Reap

Your question is about flights. You could ask this question in the Air Travel Forum. You'll get expert advice in that forum.

Here is the link to it. https:/…ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Travel.html

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 905 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Obligatory Overnigth stay in Siem Reap

I would also consider asking this in the Cambodian Forum- pretty sure the answer will be that it is enforced. I was playing on the Air Asia site this morning and even before booking there is a very clear message that an overnight stay in Siem Reap is obligatory.

https:/…ShowForum-g293939-i9162-Cambodia.html

Level Contributor
765 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
4. Re: Obligatory Overnigth stay in Siem Reap

Hi Jozsef S,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question in the TripAdvisor Support Forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the forum Air Travel.

Happy travels!

TA_Paola

TripAdvisor Community Moderator

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8 469 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Obligatory Overnigth stay in Siem Reap

As a very frequent traveller to SR i can say that enforcement has gotten stricter in the past 2 years be it still uneven. You risk being denied boarding in bangkok and risk big hassle when leaving Siem Reap. Some people will purchase two separate 1 way tickets in separate bookings to avoid the airline scrutiny at boarding but that of course does not eliminate the risk when leaving.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8 469 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Obligatory Overnigth stay in Siem Reap

If u check for example Bangkok Airways for same day round trip they will only show their last evening flight making it impossible to book with them a same day round trip.

Reply to: Obligatory Overnigth stay in Siem Reap
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;