We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two questions on connecting through Newark (EWR)

Watch Hill, Rhode...
10 posts
Save Topic
Two questions on connecting through Newark (EWR)

We will be arriving in Newark for our connection at terminal "C", but our connecting flight leaves from Terminal "A" (both United). I heard that EWR operates a shuttle bus from terminal "C" to terminal "A" where you don't have to go through TSA a second time. We will have an hour to get from "A26 to C 120". How long does the "Air Side Shuttle" take?

I am disabled, and I walk with a cane OK, but cannot walk long distance. What might be my option?

We have not flown sice 2004 so it should be an experience in more ways than one. Any help on this would be greatly appreiciated.

17 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 428 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Two questions on connecting through Newark (EWR)

The shuttle is your only option to make your connecting flight. Exiting the terminal and taking the airtrain will be more of a burden for you and take a lot more time. The shuttle ride doesn’t take more than 15 minutes, if I remember correctly, but waiting for the shuttle to arrive may take 10-15 minutes.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2 778 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two questions on connecting through Newark (EWR)

Ask for wheelchair service.

Did you ask about this in CC?

Edited: 07 December 2017, 15:55
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63 136 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two questions on connecting through Newark (EWR)

United's airside shuttle will take you between the 2 terminals but you won't have tons of time to do it. I would definitely ask for help from United to get around.

Watch Hill, Rhode...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Two questions on connecting through Newark (EWR)

Thank you

Watch Hill, Rhode...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Two questions on connecting through Newark (EWR)

I think the wife may have. Thank you

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 044 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two questions on connecting through Newark (EWR)

Here's a map of EWR:

https:/…ewr.aspx

The United shuttle leaves from a door near gate C-71. FYI just because your flight has recently gated at C-120 it may not on the day you fly. If you do get in at C-120 it's not a bad walk over to C-71, it's just about as short as you could make it within Terminal C...

Just in case, since you don't mention it, if your arriving flight is international (you mentioned C-120 and the high number C gates are the ones that can access the international arrivals sterile area) you will go thru Immigration and Customs and then you'll be land side - your choice then is attempt to clear security at "C" and head to "A" on the bus - and I think you might be turned away and told to take the AirTrain to Terminal A.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63 136 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two questions on connecting through Newark (EWR)

IF you are arriving on an international flight and need to add immigration and customs to the mix then you do NOT have enough time at all!

Watch Hill, Rhode...
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Two questions on connecting through Newark (EWR)

Thank You. It is a domestic flight from Providence, RI Had the wrong arrival and departure gates. Arr. at terminal A gate A26 connection is Departing (onward flight) terminal C 120. sorry my fault.

Edited: 07 December 2017, 20:03
Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8 841 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two questions on connecting through Newark (EWR)

Even better than a wheel chair -

Request an electric vehicle to move you from the arriving flight to the shuttle in Terminal C! Terminal C is large and spread out. There are few moving walkways. And, there's no assurance that your arrival gate will be anywhere near the shuttle's boarding point.

Once you are in Terminal A you should be OK with just your cane. At Terminal A, the shuttle will drop you off at the compact boarding area for United Express.

Watch Hill, Rhode...
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Two questions on connecting through Newark (EWR)

Thank You very much.! I will definitely look into it. I hate to ask but do you know if that is a UAL service or is it a private service. Thank you again.

Reply to: Two questions on connecting through Newark (EWR)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted