We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VietJet Airline

England
Level Contributor
341 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
VietJet Airline

Hi all!

A few months a go I booked some flights from BKK to Ho Chi Minh with VietJet Airlines and I have recently read that they have lost their international license, but, they hope to regain it in October.

My flight is on the 30th December, so, I have time, however, I am a little concerned that if they do not get their license, then my flight will be cancelled.

I am awaiting a response from the airline, but just wanted to get your views on this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2 578 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VietJet Airline

I don't see any information about this. Do you have a link?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 994 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VietJet Airline

The Thai Government revoked licenses of numerous airlines flying into/out of Thailand, VietJet was one of them

nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30325783

Edited: 22 September 2017, 23:41
Level Contributor
4 567 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VietJet Airline

Wasnt it Thai VietJet that had its license revoked? Not the Vietnamese version of VietJet?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
3 130 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: VietJet Airline

There was a thread about this recently which had a link to the full list.

I seem to recall it was all due to an impending inspection, the details are on here somewhere.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
3 130 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: VietJet Airline

Here's the article -- bangkokpost.com/business/news/1323007/govt-t…

No sign of the list though, it appears to have been removed from the article . . . .

Here's the thread https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i… where others are clearly referring to having read a list ;-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
440 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VietJet Airline

It's business as usual for the BKK to SGN route by Vietjet. The booking system and flight schedules is as normal. The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand did not issue new operator certificates for Vietjet Thai and 11 other airlines due to these airlines have not yet completed the re-certification program.

The parent Vietjet Vietnam immediately took over the international routes of Vietjet Thai which is expected to be reissued with a new operator certificate next few months when the re-certification program is completed.

A good summary of the situation is here:

tuoitrenews.vn/news/…41564.html

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VietJet Airline

Hi Gordon,

Don t worry, the've not lost their licence at all.

The operator which has been suspended his licence is Thai Vietjet and they are not operating BKK-SGN, this is done by mother company Vietjet.

And in any case, Thai Vietjet should recover his licence by next month max.

Cheers,

England
Level Contributor
341 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VietJet Airline

Thank you all very much!

Reply to: VietJet Airline
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted