We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CheapOair

Toronto, Canada
1 post
CheapOair

DO NOT USE! They have 2 cancelation fees. One that the air line charges and one that they charge.

278 replies to this topic
Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11 303 posts
440 reviews
1. Re: CheapOair

Well spotted Bobby, but there are plenty of similar stories already posted. It's better to research *befure* than regret *after*, it's a shame you dudn't. Book with the airline in future.

jacksonville
5 posts
2. Re: CheapOair

Bought 3 tickets and got the confirmation. At 11 pm before our flight chepoair called us and told us that the airline is not confirming the tickets and if we pay double we can still get it. It was ridiculous. Bad business and we had to buy from the airline directly which was cheaper than their inflated price. DON'T USE THEM! Its a ripoff!

3. Re: CheapOair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 April 2017, 06:35

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52 719 posts
1 769 reviews
4. Re: CheapOair

Hey, that seems to be standard practice for CheapOair. You are lucky that they did not demand 4x the price, which was never live.

Too bad that you were so dazzled by the "cheap fares," that you did not research them, before buying.

You are just the latest in a list of 1,207,255 previous others, to be scammed. Welcome to the group.

Hunt

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
19 275 posts
61 reviews
5. Re: CheapOair

Oh Bobby. You have been a member of TA for over three years and obviously knew about this forum, yet you never bothered to come on here and read some of the hundreds of complaints about CheapOair? Really?

Rocklin, California
3 posts
6. Re: CheapOair

Avoid CheapOAir at all costs! They are by far the worst booking experience I ever had. :( I'm professional Quality Assurance Analyst, and it takes a lot to irritate me and cause this review. There were a number of hidden fees ($59 for seat selection, $74 for canceling online booking within 30 mins, etc.) My reservation had multiple technical issues from minute one.

1) During reservation flow I got an error, however reservation was made.

2) I can't access my reservation after completing user registration during booking process.

3) Partial information persisted to Turkish Airlines, so I'm not able to enter my information directly with carrier.

Customer care calls were totally useless – did not resolve a single problem! So I decided to cancel and re-book with Expedia. However there were surprising $74 cancellation fee per ticket even canceling within 30 mins! :( For my every inquiry on the phone I got "impossible" reply to fix my user access, assign seats, etc. And lastly, even without extra booking fees, total cheapOAir reservation cost was about $85 higher than with Expedia, along with virtually useless customer service, located in India, and hidden fees!

P.S. 2 weeks later, i still can't access my cheapoair account online, and none of the original issues resolved :(

Edited: 20 May 2017, 14:34
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
72 746 posts
476 reviews
7. Re: CheapOair

Cheapoair are rubbish. had you come here first, you'd have realised that and hopefully wouldn't have used them as a result. Sadly, most people who need to see your warning will just do the same as you did, and give them money without checking them out first.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
20 897 posts
112 reviews
8. Re: CheapOair

"I'm professional Quality Assurance Analyst"

And you did not research who you were throwing your money at? Ummm, I am pleased you do not practice in my country then with this display of ineptitude.

Edited: 20 May 2017, 16:15
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3 760 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: CheapOair

All the fees are on their webpage.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13 229 posts
170 reviews
10. Re: CheapOair

Just makes you shake your head in despair to ne honest, what is so difficult to understand about the advice,

Book direct with the airline and don't book with well-known dodgy 3rd party agents

Reply to: CheapOair
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted