I’ve rated Hilton Airport Munich highly for many years. Not anymore. 12th of February I received the following email from them: Dear Sir or Madam, thank you for your booking and your trust in our house. Due to the current regulations of the Bavarian government, the accommodation of tourist travel is prohibited for the time being throughout Germany. Of course, your travel provider and the Hilton Munich Airport team will be glad to answer any questions you may have. Domestic business travel is still permitted.» This was 9 days before my planned stay there. As I’m a journalist working in Slovenia at the time, neither of those descriptions suited me (tourist travel or domestic business). So I wrote an email to Hilton, explaining my situation and asking if this meant that I couldn’t stay there from 21th to 22nd. The reply arrived a few hours later: it was a copy and paste from the original email. Tourist travel prohibited and only domestic travel permitted. In other words, I now had to emails from Hilton telling me that I didn’t fit the description of a guest that would be welcome to stay there, according to Bavarian covid laws. I spent that night in my rental car at the Airport instead before my 7am flight. To my great surprise, Hilton Airport Munich still charged me for the accommodation. And they were adament I only had myself to blame, as I hadn’t cancelled my reservation. Why would i need to, when I had two emails telling me not to come? I quote from the email they send me: «Dear Mr. Kvamme, I am very sorry to hear you didn’t have the chance to stay with us due to the virus. Please kindly understand that we try to inform every guest who have made reservation through 3rd party travel agency, in your case with Expedia, about Bavaria government pandemic regulations. However, depending on your travel reason you have make a decision to travel with business purpose or cancel your booking because of touristic reason. Therefore I regret to inform you that your reservation went no show in the system and you didn’t call us in time that means 24h prior to arrival to inform us about the cancellation. Even the booking is a prepayment one the special circumstances dictate the last time for cancellation was on 20th February 2021. Since the reservation went no show and we held the room the whole night for you we have charged 90% penalties for no show and the other 10% of the amount refunded back to Expedia as well. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Until then, I wish you a pleasant day». Hilton Airport Munich refuses to acknowledge that I contacted them after the first mail, to get absolute clarity to the simple question: am i welcome or not? And then charge me for a no show. The way I see it, Hilton Munich Airport takes full advantage of a confusion that they created themselves. It’s cynical and greedy, with a shocking lack of customer service. …
We stayed in the new wing and were quite impressed by the modern amenities in the room. Large room with a great bathroom especially if you enjoy a bath. A little bit of a walk from where we arrived, but right in the middle of the airport.
I had longer than expected stay at the Hilton Airport hotel in Munich due to covid restrictions and enjoyed great hospitality. The hotel had extremely good and professional service, especially the housekeeping team which took very well care of my needs and wishes and surprised me positively. Also the food was well prepared Bavarian style and very tasty. As an airport hotel the location is perfect and practical, just short a walk in to the terminal check in and there were no noise at all caused by the airport traffic.
very rude german staff who proves how rude germans are. They do not know how to interact with people, get some lessons about human communication! worst hotel staff in the world. educate yourself! worst hilton in the world.
This by far has to be one of the most amazing experience to date. The hotel due to covid was of course not anywhere near capacity. Which is an true shame and sad state of affairs we are dealing with today. The hotel is plush, rooms emasculate clean, beds luxurious, bathroom floors warm and shower amazing. I’m of course referring to the sixth floor the executive floor, they know how to spoil their customers. Room service was excellent and the food delicious. Looking forward to using this hotel again once the lunacy of covid is finished.