1. We booked ahead, and several months the Thoddoo Inn host Naxim Saeed was 24 hours in
touch with us, answering any queries and helped to realize our preparation better.
2. We were supposed to stay in Male for 5 hours until the regular speedboat, but Naxim arranged
a Ramzu ferry waiting for us and other passengers from our flight. So we didn’t lose a minute in
Male! A Thoddoo Inn representative met us at the arrival hall and immeadiately passed our
luggage to the boat. 1h15min – and we were in Thoddoo!
3. Naxim Saeed arranged a car to meet us at the Thoddo port. The guest house is very close, about
5 min to drive.
4. Coco nuts waited for us at the reception – a nice welcome drink.
5. The room is huge, 25 sq m, it also boasts a private terrace with a garden, where they served us
all inclusive meals, and a large bathroom (8 sq m) with open shower, that is really impressive to
take, standing under the stars. Meanwhile all equipment is brand new, very modern and
6. The guest house rents bikes for free, that makes you feel very comfortable on the island: 6 min
to the bikini beach, 4 min to the port and main supermarket. Bikes are new and very beautiful –
pink and red for ladies��
7. They have small feet shower at the entrance.
8. ALL IS VERY CLEAN! Towels and beach towels are changed on demand. Cleaning the room is also
on demand. Anti-moskito spirals burn 24 hours in the garden, we didn’t have problems with
9. We asked for a kettle and cups in the room – all waited for us upon arrival.
10. Very good bed – both linen and matrass are absolutely convenient.
11. THE FOOD IS DELICIOUS! Chef Adam cooked for us individually, so the menu was different every
day, no meat, a lot of fruit and vegetables’ salads, fish, fresh juices, mostly rice. One day
Maldivian breakfast, the other – continental breakfast. We went fishing, after we had barbeque
and fish soup, that we enjoyed a lot.
12. The host owns a speedboat, that makes it easy to hold sea tours for guests. We liked night
fishing so much as well as manta ray hunt. The boat is very nice and comfortable, brand new
and the most white in the port��
13. Plenty of drinking water is given at any times, no need to buy anything extra.
14. The nicest surprise ever was a birthday candlelight dinner on the beach! Something special
about Maldives is its atmosphere that people create – no one is in a hurry, but they are always
in time. They treat their guests so tenderly, trying to guess the slightest change in the mood and
they succeed! This was a dream come true – a cake with my photo, the dishes we liked most of
all, the starry skies above, the quite waves near the table, the candles on the sand… Very
15. The host grows his own papaya plantation, and he supplied us with several papayas to take
home – we need not go anywhere to buy fruit. Also we enjoyed his mangoes a lot.
16. On our last day we had to leave Thoddoo at 7 am – there is only 1 regular speedboat from the
island to Male. Not to spend the whole day in the city we decided to take a day trip to the
resort. Naxim called them and arranged where we meet at the airport, explained everything –
where to go, what to ask… To tell the truth we weren’t much impressed by the resort luxury.
The beach was worth than on Thoddoo, the underwater life is poor, the service was not as
personal as in Thoddoo Inn, though pretty nice… Next time in Maldives – only to Thoddoo Inn!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC