Absolutely the worst place ever. I was way too tired when I checked in. People sitting outside their rooms giving me the stink eye. Walked into my room and it smelled strongly of Lysol. I should have fled then! I got a horrible headache from it. About 4:00 a.m. I woke up and was reading in bed...a bug ran across the bed sheet...then another. I didn't know what bedbugs looked like but after the second bug I looked it up and I scrambled so fast to take a scalding shower and shake my belongings out and get out of there!!! I ended up with multiple bites all over my legs and arms. As I left I see the stink eye people had bbq's set up outside their rooms....wth? DO NOT STAY HERE!
The room itself was okay. The two doubles were larger, more like queen size beds, so could easily sleep 4. The staff was nice. The breakfast was meager, but we had brought our own food to supplement since I have gluten issues. The room and bathroom were run down but clean, with the bathroom having better venting than many more expensive hotels I've stayed at. The big problem was that the air conditioner unit was spewing mold into the room. We only stayed overnight, and back home today I'm doing heavy duty washing. Everything needs to be washed or wiped down with disinfectant wipes because it still smells like mold. It was unusual to stay someplace where the only thing that didn't smell like mold was the bathroom, thanks to that vent.
We stayed here two nights, one on our way to Williamsburg, VA, and the other a week later on our way home. The first night, we stayed on the second floor and the rooms were nice and clean. The second night, we stayed on the first floor and the room smelled like smoke, even though the hotel is non-smoking. My parents room smelled like smoke too! We asked for a room change and were given another first floor room. It also smelled like smoke. I won't stay on the first floor anymore. But they have a delicious hot breakfast!
My Husband and I had to find somewhere quick and local to where we broke down. This was a good price and seeing as it was 1.30am, we just wanted somewhere to lay our heads. Working in the hotel industry the past 5 years. This is something I have never come across!
Walked into the room and there was cockroaches on the floor, cigarette burns in the bedding, stains on the bed sheets, nothing was clean, some lights didn't even work. It was absolutely disgusting. I was horrified.
My husband tried to convince me to stay until he opened the bedside table where he found cannabis!
This room was clearly not cleaned and wasn't worth the $50 we paid.
Spoke to the manager who I must say was lovely and gave us a full refund.
We went to the Motel 6 down the road, which was the same price and ALOT BETTER!
Don't stay here unless you have a tetanus shot.
spots on the wall plastered but not painted. lamp shade so old chunks were falling out of it. smoke dec. hanging from the ceiling. one washcloth in bathroom, when called desk to request more we were told to come down to the desk and they would give us some more. coffee pot didn't work, called desk it took 1 1/2hrs for someone to come with the pot and we were on the way out by then. when we first arrived , checked in given key room had not been made up, had to go back to desk and get key for other room. room stunk, smelled old, looked dirty, mattresses were very hard and lumpy. And for this crap you charged me 80.00. Never again will I ever stop at a Days Inn