The location of Sterling corbett is amazing overlooking mountains and river kosi. Their rooms are good and spacious specially the higher category rooms. Key specialty is their staff they are extremely professional and helpful. If you need any help and support they are there always. Special mention to few staffs Surendra, Prakash and Dinesh and person at front desk who ensure our smooth check-in. Front office and restaurant team were quiet helpful. Special thanks to Avnessh and Lalit for ensuring our stay to be smooth and comfortable and also food were amazingly good. Overall great time. The USP is that you can have your tea sitting outside your room overlooking mountains. Nice place to unwind and relax.
Where to even start....
The property seems nice online. The key word would be 'seems'. The reality is pretty far from that. First of all, it is an hour + from ramnagar and all the other properties around Corbett. This means that you have to travel an additional 2 hours per day if you need to go anywhere. Thats not a fault of theirs but rather an oversight of ours at the planning stage. Since that piece of information is out of the way, lets get down to the real review.
1. The property - The property is clean but grossly ill equipped. There are no proper seating areas other than the reception and the restaurant. Both of these are noisly and quite disturbing with a high flow of foot traffic.
2. The service - This seems to be something for which there is almost no excuse. Multiple things were requested for on call and that too multiple times. We called for hand towels( they dont place them in the room while cleaning) at least 3 times and yet they never arrived. This is an example as there were more similar occurrences.
3. The food - The food menu is extremely limited. Not only is the limited menu an inconvenience, the quality of the food in general is not up to the mark. We had nightmares at the idea of having to eat a meal at the hotel.
4. The WIFI - This is a BIG one. the hotel does not provide wifi in the rooms. I dont know if they know that its 2021 and the world does not function without an internet connection. The wifi is available in the lobby and restaurant area. The speed is extremely limited as is the access to many online portals, websites and services. Sites such as tripadvisor, speedtest, youtube stream/download etc were blocked/inaccessible depending on the device you were trying to access it on. In short, its a disaster. The staff when informed of this, simply stated that its been blocked from the Corporate HQ. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
5. The rooms - The rooms can be given an average rating even though there is tremendous scope for improvement. The sofa bed is basically a folded mattress. The kettle doesnt work properly and does not lock. The central switch even turns off the power supply to the charge points which does not make sense. The bathroom amenities are limited. There are no shelves in the shower area to keep your stuff on. I could go on but I think I've made my point.
The above stated line items are the highlights of my experience however the total list of things that is wrong with this property is much longer. I had spoked to the GM there and mentioned my concerns. He seemed genuine and said that things were being worked on. However my experience through the 4 night stay was one of the worst I've had at any resort.
Really hope the management takes a deep look into their operations and does a hard recalibration.
Date: 18th Mar-20th Mar
Booked this amazing property for a short stay.
Undoubtedly, the rooms were beautiful. Wooden work, right light. Sofas and table for those looking to carry on with their WFH or work from Corbett.
✅Perfect furniture for WFH
✅Right in the heart of the hills overlooking the river.
✅Spa, Games Room and Terrace Area for recreation
✅Adventure Sports at beginner’s level available at the Resort itself
❎Wifi signal poor in rooms, use your phone’s data. Jio works nicely.
❎ Food didn’t appeal to us.
(The guys even spared our dinner when after consuming three different meals in time span of 5 hrs we could only say, it’s just not good.)
Highly recommend to go out and eat if you are a foodie.
For everything else, stay at this incredible resort.
The staff is high on politeness and hospitality.
To provide you the best possible experience, they would go leaps and bounds.
Breakfast and dinner buffet were nice in terms of spread but it didn’t match our tastebuds. Found food bland.
Apart from that, it’s the perfect place to stay at Corbett.
Ramnagar is approximately 10km away. So an hour’s drive to and from the property.
I will start with good things first the silver lining is its Kitchen Staff and Food. They are really really helpful and the day of check out they even packed us some food for our children and cooked food as per our children need.
1. We late evening on 15th of March and since this was my first and instant visit we were not aware that the Jungle safaris need to booked online in advance. They were ready to book Early morning safari for Wednesday 17th of March, I was traveling with two small kids one 4.25 year and other 3.00 Year so I requested them to extend my visit by a day and book a afternoon safari on 17th but they refused saying they don't have a room for 17th March but rooms were available on websites. I was disappointed
2. As per my understanding this is the last resort/hotel in Jim Corbett located in Marchula and Kms away from the main Safari parks. The road to this resort is single and its dangerous in dark as there are turns where there is no railing on the left.
3. Book the Privilege Suite in the resort but it was an average room with sharp corners and no latches on doors, my children kept opening the door and there are monkeys around, bathroom lock not working, dirty bathroom linen, totally disappointed.
Very entertaining staff very playfull
Enjoyed allot is amazing
Sir is very good and play also very well and speaks politely and softly and have many games that are good and are games for all ages come with your family