On the 21th of May in 2018 we stayed one night in this hotel in twinroom 605. The Huili business hotel is a large hotel, in the southern part of Jiayuguan. First of all it is good to know that the location indicated on TripAdvisor is not correct. The hotel is located about 1 km more south, 100 meters south of the roundabout where the Xinhua South Road crosses the Yingbin East/West road. You’ll find it at 39°46’20”N 98°17’01”E
1. The hotel is 15 minutes by car from the train station. The hotel is not located in the centre with shops and restaurants, but in a quarter with offices, parks and leisure facilities like and open air theatre and ponds. In front of the hotel is a square with (in the evening) coloured fountains. Very nice to see! The staff at the reception only speaks Chinese
2. We had a room at the backside of the hotel, very quiet. The twin room we had was clean, large and rather luxurious, with airco, a good shower, darkening curtains and good free wifi. We could borrow an umbrella for a deposit.
3. The restaurant for breakfast (until 9.00 a.m.) serves a lot of choice in food for a Chinese breakfast, but also (some slices of) bread, yoghurt and even coffee.
4. Because our train was delayed, we arrived at the hotel at 14.30. After we checked in, we arranged a taxi driver for 180 yuan near the hotel with whom we agreed – because the next day we had not enough time - to visit the 3 main touristic sites around Jiayuguan. With a print of photos of these sites, is was no problem to arrange this trip in high speed tempo. From 15.20 - 16.15 we visited the First Beacon tower of the great wall , from 16.30 - 17.00 the Overhanging Great Wall and finally from 17.10 – 18.30 the Jiayuguan Fortress.
5. The hotel is, as mentioned, not located in the centre of the city. Near the hotel are no restaurants and shops. We walked quite a while to find one. If you look for a good and modern decorated place to eat with a ‘picture menu’ (and also a large supermarket and shopping centre) we have a suggestion. When you leave the hotel, walk straight on, cross the two streets in front of the hotel, walk along a large flat tv-screen and walk still straight on along the Yingbin East Road. In the first building with shops on the south side of that street is a good restaurant. When you continue 50 meters and cross the first street, you’ll find the entrance of a large supermarket.
Summarized, the Huili hotel is a good place to stay. If we ever would visit Jiayuguan again, we would stay in this hotel again.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC