I am usually satisfied with Dormy Inn hotels, but this time it was a fiasco.
- Our room looked onto a very close wall, so that no light comes into the room. As the room is small, it increases the cramped feeling.
- We left some luggage for the day, after checking out, when we came to get it back, we were told that no, the umbrellas we had, unfortunatley, forgotten in our room, were not found (?).
- The onsen area is on the second floor, and some very loud people used it, we could hear some people shouting, some water splashing, like in a kids swimming-pool, from our room, at a higher floor. These people were not behaving correctly in the onsen, I think someone from the hotel should make sure and require firmly that all groups and foreign tourists (I believe they were Chinese) respect Japanese traditions: silence and quiet in the onsen place. Hearing them for hours around 22:00 made me decide not to use the onsen, as I knew I would not relax there.
- The really big issue was breakfast: when we arrived, we were told we had to give our names for a waiting list, and we had to WAIT FOR OVER ONE HOUR!
I don't know how the hotel manages its reservations and breakfasts, but something needs to be done about it. Waiting with dozens of other people in the lobby for more than one hour is not acceptable. While waiting until 15mn is ok, waiting for 1:10 is absolutely not OK.
Please, Dormy Inn Premium, work on this!
- I could read on the internet that the hotel offers a free taxi service from the train station, but no-one told us, I wish the hotel had contacted me before my arrival to inform me about this.
Otherwise, the breakfast itself was fantastic, that was a relief!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC