'Move inn' Hong Kong ('Happy Valley')
Very Unpleasant Service & living conditions, Tiny Dirty Shoebox accommodation!
Positives (Believe me I tried Hard to find one!)...
1. Close to the Busy shopping areas. Not attractions.
Negatives (Where does one start!?)
1. After the huge struggle finally finding the place and enter the old Building through laughingly Rude 'security' then going to the 14th Floor. The whole place is in Desperate need of TLC Decoration, painting etc where only One Tiny old lift services the property !
2. This place is Not a 'Hotel' or 'Guest House' as described but more like ancient apartment converted into Tiny rooms.
Perhaps the Worse of its kind I have ever stayed at!
3. Receptionist (staffed mainly by a mainland China person) does not fully understand or speak English, but may be helpful at times when she's there and in a decent mood, which isn't very often.
4. Tiny Dirty Soiled Room you can't swing a cat in!
5. Room with Toilet literally in Shower area (A First for me) place Desperately Requires TLC and proper Deep cleaning, Mould dirt built up in shower etc...Simple Painting redecoration would be a great idea. Painting and a Proper Deep cleaning would only take an hour its such a small place!
6. Door tricky to access into room, sometimes takes ages to get into...staff are Not about!
7. Only One Rubbish very poor English speaking TV channel! A Crappy version of PBS ?
8. Old Style Air con in window with curtains cut around it and both not cleaned since installed many years ago.
9. Not stocked and cleaned properly Daily. Never any toilet paper left, never any Tooth brush and Soap dispensers refilled not once since I arrive etc (been there two weeks!).
Sadly Towels are also in Short Supply hardly ever left in room. I had to go get my own each day.
9. Awoken by Noise from Loud (Chinese TV) from Neighbour room each early morning!
10. Rarely can one see or get help from Missing Receptionist...Rarely if ever on duty
Not that matters she can't really understand English and simple is indifferent uncaring most of the time.
11. I had to find the cleaning equipment and clean the room, and find new bed sheets and make the bed because they had neglected to Clean the room! Fortunately everything is kept in the tiny place one just has to find it (even the toilet paper they refuse to leave in room is kept hidden under the bed!)..
12. No Breakfast offered just as well because there is No place to eat it!
All together a Very Poor place to stay and the area is not one would want to stay in for long.
Hennessy Road ('Happy Valley' laughingly a huge contradiction of terms, they are NOT Happy people) and Hong Kong Island itself must be the most unfriendly antisocial, Anti Western Tourist, Worse customer service destination on earth!
...Far Friendlier, cheaper and nicer elsewhere in Lantau Island, Lamma Island, etc etc...away from the main very crowded, busy, Rude, Dirty streets etc of Hong Kong city / Island. As even the locals of these other destinations will tell you.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC